• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowler to average over 30 ?

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmmm.... I would go:
Nathan Lyon
Erapalli Prasanna
Abdul Qadir
Ted McDonald
Alf Valentine
Stuart MacGill
Harbhajan Singh
Keshav Maharaj
Vinoo Mankad
Sarfaraz Nawaz

I think if you reduce it 29; many more great bowlers will qualify; I would go:
Anil Kumble
Lance Gibbs
Kapil Dev
B S Chandrashekhar
Chamunda Vaas
Subhash Gupte
Saqlain Mushtaq
Tim Southee
Garth McKenzie
Graeme Swann

Only Lyon will make into this list.
MacGill averaged 29

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Best bowler with the worst average (37.62) award goes to Craig White. An great bowler in tough conditions, but not backed up by the numbers.

Owzat

U19 Captain
may as well start a best batsman to average mid 20s

find these kind of topics a little "loaded" ie someone has an idea who they want to big up so set parameters so their 'shout' has a good chance of being nominated.

Owzat

U19 Captain
someone want to start a thread, best spinner all-rounder with 50+ caps to average mid 20s with bat and mid to late 30s with ball

Slifer

International Captain
From the WI:

Kenny Benjamin
Learned Constantine
Valentine
Jerome Taylor
Dillon
Gabriel

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
I love how these threads always devolve into a list of players that clearly aren't the answer to the thread, but someone just felt like mentioning
Would had liked if everyone just came and repeated "Nathan Lyon Nathan Lyon Nathan Lyon"; whom op already mentioned in the post?