• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SENA XI (ex Bradman) vs Asian XI vs Windies XI

Slifer

International Captain
And I think Bradman should be included in Australia's XI. Why? Because yes generally he gives Australia an unfair advantage but I think even with the Don, an Australian XI would have a challenge winning away to WI and Asia vs a SC Xi (maybe even in India vs an Indian XI). At home or in a neutral venue, yes advantage Australia.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
And I think Bradman should be included in Australia's XI. Why? Because yes generally he gives Australia an unfair advantage but I think even with the Don, an Australian XI would have a challenge winning away to WI and Asia vs a SC Xi (maybe even in India vs an Indian XI). At home or in a neutral venue, yes advantage Australia.
Yeah, we like to pretend that Bradman scored 100's every innings and didn't lose. He was the best, and gives a slight advantage, but not to the extent some profess.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Asian XI would be

Gavaskar
Sehwag / Anwar (depending on where they play)
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Miandad
Younis Khan
Dhoni+
Imran*
Wasim
Murali
Bumrah

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Asian XI would be

Gavaskar
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Miandad
Younis Khan
Dhoni+
Imran*
Wasim
Murali
Bumrah
I don't really like voting after one guy has had a golden game so I will hold off.
Very real issue.

CW has consistently rated Waqar ~15th greatest pacer ever. So Bumrah must already be a top 15 pacer, also ahead of blokes such as Cummins, Holding, Roberts, Davidson, Walsh, Anderson.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Yeah, we like to pretend that Bradman scored 100's every innings and didn't lose. He was the best, and gives a slight advantage, but not to the extent some profess.
Yeah even vs our first wi team in 1930, Australia dominated but did lose the last test. Dead rubber yes, but who here thinks Australia wanted to lose to a team from the WI. In WI Australia would be facing the likes of Lara, Walcott, Sobers etc whose record are all on steroids at home.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah even vs our first wi team in 1930, Australia dominated but did lose the last test. Dead rubber yes, but who here thinks Australia wanted to lose to a team from the WI. In WI Australia would be facing the likes of Lara, Walcott, Sobers etc whose record are all on steroids at home.
Tbf match was rain affected, with Australia baring the brunt of the bad conditions. Plus ya know it was 4-1 and Australia won by 10 wickets + 3 innings victories lol.

Still Bradman only scored 2 tons in 5 matches, not even 50%.

I don’t doubt any of these ATG teams would be capable of stealing games.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf match was rain affected, with Australia baring the brunt of the bad conditions. Plus ya know it was 4-1 and Australia won by 10 wickets + 3 innings victories lol.

Still Bradman only scored 2 tons in 5 matches, not even 50%.

I don’t doubt any of these ATG teams would be capable of stealing games.

That's it, wouldn't be stealing.

You're going prime vs prime. Prime Viv, Lara, Sobers, Marshall, Ambrose, Hadlee, Steyn etc.

An Ashes team vs Asia vs ROW, there's no stealing of games.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
That's it, wouldn't be stealing.

You're going prime vs prime. Prime Viv, Lara, Sobers, Marshall, Ambrose, Hadlee, Steyn etc.

An Ashes team vs Asia vs ROW, there's no stealing of games.
An inferior team winning against a superior team is what I’d call stealing but hey thats just me 🤷‍♂️

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
An inferior team winning against a superior team is what I’d call stealing but hey thats just me 🤷‍♂️
And any team with a bowling lineup of a ROW or SC XI isn't inferior. A ROW's bowling attack of Marshall, Hadlee and Steyn is inferior to none possible and against hight quality pace attacks I'm not taking any batsman over prime IVA Richards and he's supported by Sobers, Lara, Kallis etc... the teams might have different strengths but none are inferior.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Asian XI would be

Gavaskar
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Miandad
Younis Khan
Dhoni+
Imran*
Wasim
Murali
Bumrah
Ashes Xi

Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman*
Smith
Hammond (5)
Ponting
Gilchrist+
Lillee (3)
Barnes (1)
O’Reilly (4)
McGrath (2)
Vs

Richards
Greenidge / Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Kallis
Flower / Cameron
Hadlee
Marshall
Ambrose / Tayfield
Steyn

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I know you don't rate Viv, but most don't rate him lower than 5th all time and many the greatest they ever saw. Lara's the greatest I've ever seen and Sobers is arguably the 2nd best batsman ever.

Marshall, Hadlee, Steyn and Ambrose are 4 of the top 5 CW bowlers ever and can come at you like the quartet of old with Sobers providing spin if required.

That's not an inferior squad.

Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Sangakkara, Imran, Wasim, Bumrah, Murali. Those three operating opposite Murali with an old ball?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia (minus Bradman) plus Hadlee are plenty good enough to beat a Windies XI team.
I don't understand your argument, unless you're using the premise of the original post, which I've already said was ridiculous