• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Never actually faced it in real life but that left arm over angle must be so awkward to handle when the ball's moving.
I have faced them with taped tennis balls when playing in those baseball grounds in the US. Its hard work, but the opened up stance helps to an insanely great degree. It was like facing a different bowler once I tried that.

In school cricket, I faced some of them (like 3 or 4 out of 15 games or something) and often found that I had to play around my legs a lot. When you dont open up your stance, that is the price you pay, I guess.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Bumrah needs to slog and get out here. Go put his feet up and rest. If we get a few runs out of it, fine. If not, no problems at all.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah's definitely improved his batting quite a bit. Used to be barely better than Chris Martin level. Not sure I like the change tbh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah did his job perfectly. Fair play to him.

starc has been pretty much on the money this test so far after a crap LO summer

re the left arm angle thing, as an old left handed opener whose default start to the dig was the mirror image of it, I can’t help but say “suck it up” lol

Used to hate umpires knocking back lbws on the rare occasions I would have a bowl because “not on that angle” who would routinely fire left handed openers to right arm bowlers from ball one...