• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

aussie tragic

International Captain
Interested to see how Labuschagne, Smith, Cummins and Hazlewood go seeing as they have not played a FC game since the 3rd of January Test match vs NZ

aussie tragic

International Captain
Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I'd pick:

Gill
Agarwal
Pujara
Kohli (*)
Rahane
Vihari
Saha (+)
Ashwin
Umesh
Bumrah
Shami

KL will come in for Virat when he leave, Rohit on hand if Rahane flops, and Shaw on hand if either of the 2 openers fail
Jaddu in for Ashwin once fit
Young quicks as backups for when one of the main 3 breaks down. Siraj ahead of Saini for now.
Pant as keeper if Saha breaks down
Can't see Kuldeep getting a game tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm waiting for Ben Horne to make the call. he seems to get good mail. it def seems like Burns is being picked

aussie tragic

International Captain
Have we got a new fortress in Adelaide?

4 day/night Tests for 4 wins in Adelaide (beat NZ, SA, Eng and Pak) and that's after losing the toss 3 of the times

Surprised BCCI agreed to the D/N test and the Gabba Test, the original fortress :)

Last edited:

Burgey

Your posted team from earlier this afternoon had Ashwon't playing in lieu of the Brown Colin Bland. I thought he must have been ruled out.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Selecting Burns, over even Harris (if Wade opens, which i'm not thrilled about either) just leaves a bad taste. The idea that incumbency should take precedence over the fact he's batting like a no. 11 is one of those things wrong about Australian cricket culture.

trundler

Selecting Burns, over even Harris (if Wade opens, which i'm not thrilled about either) just leaves a bad taste. The idea that incumbency should take precedence over the fact he's batting like a no. 11 is one of those things wrong about Australian cricket culture.
@Spikey to comment on Joe Burns's form

aussie tragic

International Captain
Good news for Australia, bad luck India :)

"Australian allrounder Cameron Green’s bowling restrictions will be removed when he makes his Test debut against India, captain Tim Paine says."