• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

jan

State Vice-Captain
Sudden banter in the BT subforum and I somehow feel tempted. Though I think I like the training system in FTP better
#undecided

cnerd123

likes this
I hate both FTP and BT because they both get so formulaic and repetitive after a while.

FTP overall is better; the ME is more realistic, and it doesn't have the glaring problems (Camping, One-man teams, end-of-inning collapses, only 5 bowlers in an innings) that BT does.

But both pale in comparison to Stumped IMO. Stumped feels more real to me. You got everything Stumped has + all the varieties of pitches, player potentials, bowler speeds, injuries. And the talents are more nuanced too IMO. The training system and youth-pull system are better and more challenging strategically too.

BT is good to play if you want a 0 effort, minimal brain power type of game. It's good for something like a forum-wide competition as its an easy game to understand and get into, and so you can get more players playing it casually.

Stumped is super intense and only for the really committed who want to invest time into a game, because thats who you will get the most out of it.

FTP is somewhere in between and that's kinda eh. If you want casual, go BT. If you want a really good game, go for Stumped. Go to FTP for smth in between the two?

jan

State Vice-Captain
I have been playing (or attempting to play) Stumped for the past 4 months. From what you are saying BT may be the right thing for me to rest my brain a bit :)

Given that in Stumped the player base is tiny, market is minimal, prices of worthy players way out of reach, forums are semi-dead, coaching options rather limited + Im expecting to experience even more (heavy) losses in the upcoming season with my tier of Champions league crowded with much stronger teams...I do enjoy it of course but BT sounds less frustrating. Now to come up with a good team name.

jan

State Vice-Captain
no worries
lost by 407 runs today, obliterated by Otago for a change :D

maybe i should buy some better players

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For someone who really likes the game you sure do suck at it.
:laugh:

It satisfies my level of laziness. I cbf sitting on the trading market, making calculated purchases and sales and training youth pulls to make a profit, etc. I just like logging in, set the orders, see if I can pull a decent youth and see what happens with my home grown team.

But yeah we suck pretty hard.

Bobisback

International Regular
:laugh:

It satisfies my level of laziness. I cbf sitting on the trading market, making calculated purchases and sales and training youth pulls to make a profit, etc. I just like logging in, set the orders, see if I can pull a decent youth and see what happens with my home grown team.

But yeah we suck pretty hard.
As long as you keep pulling for the Dutch.