• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yea, I'd particularly go for the older guys, build up a team of old experienced late 20yo players - they're much better value. Most of these sorts of players you can get a few thousand. These will give you the short term benefit.

Realistically 20-21yo reasonables aren't going to have much future, so I'd probably stay away from them. If you can find reasonable 18yos, average 17yos and the like - then they're much much better and when they play in your senior games their experience will have a far better pay off later down the line. This is the bit where your skill and judgement will really count. Be prepared to spend more of your cash here and wait for bargains. Youths often go very cheap in the middle and later stages of the season. With youths you also need to value secondaries, relevant atrocious skills are a real pain. Seeing youth seamers who have ordinary power and fielding, poor experience - that's worth quite a bit.

Oh and one other thing, if you get players good enough they'll get into the national side tours (there's youth and senior teams) which is a very good thing. I would advise pulling a less popular nationality and increasing your chances. Even rubbish academies will get an occasional 'star' pull.

These are the sorts of youths I'd look to buy in your situation:

16yos

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

17yos

Most of them will go for too much, but the odd one won't.

Scaly piscine

Youths are Monday 10am, seniors Thursday 10am - although it will vary with timezones and which country you're in.

Yes green text & underline for pops.
Red text & underline for plops.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Youths are Monday 10am, seniors Thursday 10am - although it will vary with timezones and which country you're in.

Yes green text & underline for pops.
Red text & underline for plops.
It's Midday Australian time, iirc.

Edit: I think you said you've chosen to play in Pakistan, not sure what time then. probably in the afternoon, Australian eastern.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
It's Midday Australian time, iirc.
That's if you're in Bangladesh. I think if you're based in the country where you live, it'll be 10 AM, with the exception of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

FTP doesn't seem to be working right now, but you can see all of the times on one of the pages.

NZTailender

That's if you're in Bangladesh. I think if you're based in the country where you live, it'll be 10 AM, with the exception of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

FTP doesn't seem to be working right now, but you can see all of the times on one of the pages.
Ah, true. Australian updates used to happen at Midday for me, since I am in NZ. Switched my team to being in NZ since then. gegfail

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
$2.1m for this guy if anybody is interested.

High Places >> Thom Yorke >> Details
Player Details
Team High Places Talents Prodigy
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $5,926 Rating 39,188
Nationality Australia Australia Age 22
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience reasonable Captaincy expert
Endurance reliable
Batting expert Bowling dreadful
Technique expert Power average
Keeping poor Fielding reasonable

23 Jul 09 04:27 Power increased from ordinary to average during training
16 Jul 09 04:28 Experience increased from average to reasonable during training
25 Jun 09 01:57 Technique increased from accomplished to expert during training
18 Jun 09 01:57 Captaincy increased from accomplished to expert during training
28 May 09 01:57 Batting increased from accomplished to expert during training

Bobisback

International Regular
Don't have Thursdays free, but do have Sundays if anyone else is interested.
Yeah.

Match Ratings
Hoarders CC Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
Batting - Top Order: 5,243 5,491
Batting - Middle Order: 4,063 7,129
Batting - Tail: 1,863 2,302
Bowling - Seam: 5,472 (6) 4,696 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 4,335 (4) 7,523 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,662 4,001
Overall: 81,881 98,519

Decent youth ratings, especially because my 3 seamers are 17 and I dont have a keeper.

Scaly piscine

I'm amazed I get some of the highest ratings around with my youths, they're basically crap and too young. Next season they should be a fair bit better.

Majin

International Debutant
End of over 30 (3 runs) - Dai-Gurren Brigade(125-1). 25 runs required from 10 overs. RR 4.17 RRR 2.50
T. Chinsammy 77 (99b) , L. Ward 40 (77b) , C. Pagon 7-0-18-1

Love the way FTP orders work, set Chinsammy to defensive orders as an opener seeing as we're in good seam bowler conditions in Humid/Uneven, and he smashes his way to 77 off 99 balls with four 4's and three 6's along the way, whereas Ward on normal plays the anchor role. Ah well, not really complaining, comfortably on course to convincingly trash another higher rated team and move up to 2nd in youth 2.2. Lee getting back into the groove with 4-13 from his 8 overs was nice, frothing when the dropped catch robbed him of a 5-fer though.

Wish my SOD team were as good as my yoofs :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Beats the total **** that happened in my game, although most Youth ODs appear to be bull****fests - just a collection of nonsensical random happenings.

Majin

International Debutant
haha tbf my team are quite the bullies at home, todays conditions were perfect for us. Our attack is pretty much tailor made for uneven pitches, hell, since my start of playing browser based cricket games I've been playing purely on uneven pitches with Windies teams trying to make an army of fast bowlers, finally got a good one going now as well with this youth team. The vast majority of the teams in 2.2 are spin heavy teams full of medium pace trundlers and spinners that get rankings higher than my SOD team, but hardly any decent pacers and I've got a bucket load of them.

Batting is a different matter completely, have won 5 out of 7 this season in yoof now and have two batsmen with respectable averages, the rest average something shocking like 22, 21, 15 and 11. Just a good thing no one can stand up to my bowlers otherwise we'd be totally boned, always get horribly exposed on batting tracks.

NZTailender

Playing a nearly full strength XI in todays T20 and I'm getting pumped on a flat by a bunch of reli-reli type batsmen. Now I know what it feels like to be Scaly. This is ridiculous!

End of over 15 (10 runs) - Jordo's Slammers(162-2) RR 10.80
K. Jabir 108 (53b) , T. Williams 9 (7b) , D. Wood 4-0-46-0

Edit: get ****ed

Jordo's Slammers >> Kadeem Jabir >> Details
Player Details
Team Jordo's Slammers Talents Gifted (Keeping)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $3,464 Rating 35,956
Nationality UAE Age 24
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience expert Captaincy capable
Endurance capable
Batting reliable Bowling poor
Technique reliable Power reasonable
Keeping dreadful Fielding reasonable

Jarquis

End of over 1 (maiden) - Donny boys(0-3) RR 0.00