• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Thread

Craig

World Traveller
If Heath Franklin aka Mark 'Chooper' Read posted on here, he would tell Tamsyn Lewis to harden the **** up after she broke down in tears after her 800m semi. Well I assume so anyway.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah think so. Ben Austin and his mate are leading their class as well, and I'd say they'll grab the gold given they're the world champs and as good as unbackable favourites coming into the games.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, Australia coming second in the 49er sailing when Italy capsize moving us into gold medal position and then Australia capsize :laugh:

Johnners

Bit of a disappointing day in the rowing, would have expected a silver or bronze at least in the mens 8 & quad sculls

Johnners

FFS Ch7, stop showing the beach volleyball. Seriously, no-one cares it's such a **** olympic sport.

EDIT: Kinda happy both the Aussie combinations are out, means we won't have to watch anymore of it 8|

Last edited:

Mister Wright

FFS Ch7, stop showing the beach volleyball. Seriously, no-one cares it's such a **** olympic sport.

EDIT: Kinda happy both the Aussie combinations are out, means we won't have to watch anymore of it 8|
Worst comment. Beach Volleyball is gun.

Mister Wright

No way, only reason anyone watches it is for a perve and from the limited ammount of the beach volleyball I've seen this Olympics the standard there has been poor.
Disagree. Obviously good for a perve, but love the sport also.

howardj

International Coach
I thinnk it was raised in this thread on the weekend- did our Aussie swimmers choke? For mine, choke is probably a tad harsh. There's little doubt though they we did underperform in certain events especially when you consider how many of our world record holders missed out on gold medals. I think having the national championships so close to the Olympics gives us somewhat of a false picture of how good we are. We forget that there are only Australians competing at the national championships.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think we choked, and if you look at a lot of the events they didn't get gold in, they're ones where a touch on the wall makes all the difference - 100m freestyle (men and women), 50m free (men and women).

Then we've got Jones in the 200m breaststroke, where the girl who beat her swam out of her ying yang, and Jones couldn't have given more - had to be assisted from the pool deck.

As for Hackett, well he swam faster than he had for nearly a decade - can't ask more than that I reckon.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't think we choked, and if you look at a lot of the events they didn't get gold in, they're ones where a touch on the wall makes all the difference - 100m freestyle (men and women), 50m free (men and women).

Then we've got Jones in the 200m breaststroke, where the girl who beat her swam out of her ying yang, and Jones couldn't have given more - had to be assisted from the pool deck.

As for Hackett, well he swam faster than he had for nearly a decade - can't ask more than that I reckon.
Yeah great post.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice win in the triathlon today. Apparently she considered representing NZ but chose Australia instead. Disappointing.

Johnners

Who could blame her :happy: It was great to see an Australian grab a gold in the Triathalon this time around though. Well, I guess we sort of did in Athens as well...

Johnners

Channel 7 are so ****ing ****. Sally McLellan ran her semis for the 100m hurdles about 45 minutes ago, yet ch7 are still showing gymnastics, despite the fact that there are no Australians in it whatsoever. Nice work ****s