• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just an excuse to get Franklin cemented in the team.

What are the bowling conditions like guys? (obviously we still need to bat out the 50)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I saw a good performance by NZ for once but as I start watching, 4 wickets fall and they collapse. Dire.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Really embarassing collapse from New Zealand, and so disappointing to falter so badly here after such an excellent start from Ryder and McCullum. Theres still plenty of time to reach 250+ but its certainly not going to be the certainty it seemed 20 minutes ago.

kingkallis

International Coach
I was pretty pleased when my brother told me that Kiwis were building a stunning opening partnership, now I sitwched on just 10 mins ago and what is this?

118/0 to 140/4

Blackcaps are becoming BlackCRAPS now - Grrrrrrr!

Howsie

International Captain
Sack Moles the guy is a moron. Harsh but it's not like he has a fantastic record behind him. Anyone with half a cricketing brain knows McCullum isn't good enough to open the batting.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
****ity **** ****. Come back after 120/1 and we're four down.

Can't say McCullum getting out for 45 surprises but gutting that Taylor and Elliott out. Guptill and the Broomerang need to do a lot here (and not stagnate either).

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sack Moles the guy is a moron. Harsh but it's not like he has a fantastic record behind him. Anyone with half a cricketing brain knows McCullum isn't good enough to open the batting.
That was a Bracewell idea. Though Bracewell let him play his natural game, Moles has told him to be a classic OD opener and has had pretty moderate success. I mean we get frustrated but 40 is better than 0. Would prefer him to play his natural game though

Howsie

International Captain
That was a Bracewell idea. Though Bracewell let him play his natural game, Moles has told him to be a classic OD opener and has had pretty moderate success. I mean we get frustrated but 40 is better than 0. Would prefer him to play his natural game though
When Bracewell was in charge McCullum averaged 40 odd when opening (His second go at opening) I mean what kind of idiot would try and make or tell McCullum to bat like a classic opener.

The guy just isn't good enough period. I can't believe he is now a selector too :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Moles is an interesting coach but IMO besides Broom this is one of our strongest lineups in years.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Moles is an interesting coach but IMO besides Broom this is one of our strongest lineups in years.
That might be true but I still don't rate the NZ batting. It is highly dependent on 2 players and they are not going to succeed every time.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair though, when he was batting around number seven with success there was much advocation for him to be promoted up the order so his talent wasn't wasted when the overs ran out at the end of an innings - plus he's proven at domestic level how devestating he can be when he gets momentum, remembering the 170-odd for Otago against Auckland in a domestic semi-final or final. Whilst Bracewell might've been behind executing the decision it wasn't as though it was an altogether unpopular one at the time IMO (although obviously there were those who argued he was better to remain down the order).