• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Asians ?

Laurrz

International Debutant
If Windies beat India
South Africa beat Pakistan
Australia beat India

that means no Asians in the Semi Finals.... played in Asia :laugh: and the fans like ODI's more

which would mean the semis would look like

New Zealand vs Australia
West Indies vs South Africa

YAY!!

all 3 results are not bad to bet on...
1) Windies have had the wood over India
2) RSA Full strength should beat a Pak without 3 of their best players arguably
3) 50-50 for me, Aussies play well back against the walls though

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't know about the whole "Yay!" thing, but...

It'd be a big suprise, would have gotten some good odds on that at the start of the series.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The whole YAY!! thing seems a bit over the top to me, Asian batsman are generally the most entertaining and stylish to watch so I'd like to see atleast India go through to the semifinals. Paksitan or South Africa doesn't really bother me, both are good sides.

Laurrz

International Debutant
i was actually yay`ing because i like Australia vs NZ battles lol

and i dunno Windies, South Africa, Aussie, Kiwi have also some very stylish batsmen

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh, I'd much prefer for the West Indies to play Pakistan if they reach the semi-final round.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Laurrz said:
that means no Asians in the Semi Finals.... played in Asia :laugh: and the fans like ODI's more
Do you realized that in last 25 years, 3 Asian countries have won the world cup and they have reached the finals of another 2, only to lose to an alltime great team ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
a bit surprising if Pakistan hadn't lost Akhtar and Asif i would have definately backed them to qualify.

Bouncer

State Regular
Laurrz said:
If Windies beat India
Australia beat India

New Zealand vs Australia

YAY!!

Hnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! :@ Future ICC aka BCCI is going to have to do something about it:cool:

Bouncer

State Regular
Laurrz said:
If Windies beat India
Australia beat India

New Zealand vs Australia

YAY!!

when none of the South American teams made it to the Socoor WC final, but then after i gave it a thought i realized that yeah offcourse there is more talent and more passion about the soccor in SOuth america, they still lack the facilities+ Disciplineand the infrastructure that the European teams have and thats why they are ahead in fianl and not the teams that are known for their passions+ skill for the game.

I think same might just happen with cricket....Soth Asian Countries have alot more passion + Skills(individual's talents) which can win you at times but in the long run teams with better facilites, discipline and better infrastructure will have better chance of winning tournaments.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Bouncer said:
when none of the South American teams made it to the Socoor WC final, but then after i gave it a thought i realized that yeah offcourse there is more talent and more passion about the soccor in SOuth america, they still lack the facilities+ Disciplineand the infrastructure that the European teams have and thats why they are ahead in fianl and not the teams that are known for their passions+ skill for the game.

I think same might just happen with cricket....Soth Asian Countries have alot more passion + Skills(individual's talents) which can win you at times but in the long run teams with better facilites, discipline and better infrastructure will have better chance of winning tournaments.
Haha sadly thats not the case with India, they are damn rich and have top class facilities and infrastructure when practicing, BCCI either keeps it for themselves or they spend it on facilities and equipment for the players. Indian players are the most lucky in that regard.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
Do you realized that in last 25 years, 3 Asian countries have won the world cup and they have reached the finals of another 2, only to lose to an alltime great team ?
And?

Bouncer

State Regular
Turbinator said:
Haha sadly thats not the case with India, they are damn rich and have top class facilities and infrastructure when practicing, BCCI either keeps it for themselves or they spend it on facilities and equipment for the players. Indian players are the most lucky in that regard.

First of all of put your patriotism on side for a minute and look at my post from a neutral cricket fan!

So are you telling me that cricket acadamies in india are similar to the Adeliad, or the school level cricket or state level cricket is comparabel to Australia?
U can go on and on about MRF acadamy, but i dont think it produced any body of great ability after Srinath(who to me is the best indian bowler of all time).?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What he is trying to say is in those 25 years, 6 world cups have happened and out of 6, 5 of them have had an Asian team involved in the final and half of them an Asian team has won. And eventhough out of the top 8 teams, non-Asian teams outnumber the Asian teams 5-3.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Bouncer said:
First of all of put your patriotism on side for a minute and look at my post from a neutral cricket fan!

So are you telling me that cricket acadamies in india are similar to the Adeliad, or the school level cricket or state level cricket is comparabel to Australia?
U can go on and on about MRF acadamy, but i dont think it produced any body of great ability after Srinath(who to me is the best indian bowler of all time).?
LOL relax dawg, I was actually criticizing India, that even with world class facilities we aren't able to produce anything special.

Actually I shoudn't say talent, more so work ethic. Indian cricketers lack work ethic IMO.