• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

sideshowtim

Banned
Dravid said:
Wow, India bowled so good today. I am so happy :) And they are 48 in 5 overs. I love how they are playing today.
To be fair I think it has more to do with the fact that England are bowling pure rubbish than India playing superbly.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sideshowtim said:
India takes 4 overs to reach 44. It took England 16. England are a joke.
Pretty poor form to go on and on about it, you've said your piece, don't have to lace every post with the same thing.

This is a bad day for a pretty mediocre English one day team. Selection problems are rife, but make no mistake, this has no bearing on anything to do with the Ashes.

Langeveldt

Soutie
benchmark00 said:
Pretty poor form to go on and on about it, you've said your piece, don't have to lace every post with the same thing.

This is a bad day for a pretty mediocre English one day team. Selection problems are rife, but make no mistake, this has no bearing on anything to do with the Ashes.
It does if they pick Harmison, Anderson and Mahmood for their test squad.. Surely a hammering here would at least dent their confidence if nothing more?

godofcricket

State 12th Man
sideshowtim said:
To be fair I think it has more to do with the fact that England are bowling pure rubbish than India playing superbly.
Well whatelse would u expect from england??? India from the start smashed them around, its really hard to comeback and with such a low score to achieve.

benchmark00

Langeveldt said:
It does if they pick Harmison, Anderson and Mahmood for their test squad.. Surely a hammering here would at least dent their confidence if nothing more?
Do you honestly think Harmison would have the problems he's having if he was bowling with a red pea?

Test matches and one dayers are two different games, take Andrew Symonds for instance...

Dravid

International Captain
sideshowtim said:
Yeah no doubt England aren't bowling as good as they always have, but I'm still so happy I woke up seeing India in a winning position. I was sleeping through the bowling, because I thought Indias bowling, it's 5 in the morning, so theres no point in watching now. So I just woke up and couldnt believe the score.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Harmy went for 0-81 off 9.5 in the last ODI against Australia, then took 5-43 and 3-54 in the first Test.

sideshowtim

Banned
benchmark00 said:
Do you honestly think Harmison would have the problems he's having if he was bowling with a red pea?

Test matches and one dayers are two different games, take Andrew Symonds for instance...
It's well documented that Harmison doesn't travel well and suffers from serious homesickness problems. The fact that he is bowling like this away from home will certainly dent his confidence. If he took 5 wickets in this match he would be brimming with confidence and feel alot better about coming to Australia later this year.

This match will impact on their mindset and confidence coming up to the Ashes. Getting hammered always does. You could argue that Australia getting belted in the 20/20 dented Australia's confidence for the Ashes...and I think it's almost certain that it did. They are completely different forms of cricket though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sideshowtim said:
It's well documented that Harmison doesn't travel well and suffers from serious homesickness problems. The fact that he is bowling like this away from home will certainly dent his confidence. If he took 5 wickets in this match he would be brimming with confidence and feel alot better about coming to Australia later this year.

This match will impact on their mindset and confidence coming up to the Ashes. Getting hammered always does. You could argue that Australia getting belted in the 20/20 dented Australia's confidence for the Ashes...and I think it's almost certain that it did. They are completely different forms of cricket though.
Rubbish. England don't give a toss about OD cricket, it's all about the Ashes.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
LongHopCassidy said:
And then did comparatively eff all for the rest of the series.
Yeah, dismissing Clarke with the last ball on day 3 at Edgbaston, then getting rid of Kasper to win the game for England.

No he wasn't at his best but it would be foolish to say he done 'eff all' for the rest of the series.

benchmark00

sideshowtim said:

Hahaha wtf, we went out and slapped England in the first test.

There's alot of cricket to be played between now and the ashes, and if this was a week or so before the first ashes test you may have a (weak) point.

sideshowtim

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Rubbish. England don't give a toss about OD cricket, it's all about the Ashes.
The mentality of a World Champion side: We only care about one tournament in one form of cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
sideshowtim said:
The mentality of a World Champion side: We only care about one tournament in one form of cricket.
I've said this ad nauseum, but thats the difference between Eng and Aus. Aus take all tourneys seriously and go all out to win each one.

England: Oh, its the subcontinent, who cares?
England: Oh, its just ODI, who cares?
England: Oh its just SL at home, who cares?

It's a ridiculous mentality to have. Even if your fans feel that way (which you can't do much about), you can't let the team feel that way and thats what I get when I watch them play.

Aussies made winning in India their biggest priority under Waugh. Why? Precicely because it was hard and they hadn't done it yet. And thats why they became the champions.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
UncleTheOne said:
Yeah, dismissing Clarke with the last ball on day 3 at Edgbaston, then getting rid of Kasper to win the game for England.

No he wasn't at his best but it would be foolish to say he done 'eff all' for the rest of the series.
I stand corrected on those counts, but the key word there is comparatively, both with his own performance at Lord's and his fast-bowling partners over the rest of the series. He was certainly England's least effective seamer.

sideshowtim

Banned
silentstriker said:
I've said this ad nauseum, but thats the difference between Eng and Aus. Aus take all tourneys seriously and go all out to win each one.

England: Oh, its the subcontinent, who cares?
England: Oh, its just ODI, who cares?
England: Oh its just SL at home, who cares?

It's a ridiculous mentality to have. Even if your fans feel that way (which you can't do much about), you can't let the team feel that way and thats what I get when I watch them play.

Aussies made winning in India their biggest priority under Waugh. Why? Precicely because it was hard and they hadn't done it yet. And thats why they became the champions.
Spot on there mate. England will never be #1 until they start branching out and taking other tournaments seriously. Going well in ODI cricket, despite what you Pommy fans think, will definitely improve your sides mentality and confidence for the longer form of the game.

Despite popular belief, cricketers are human beings and you're kidding yourself if you think a poor performance in a one dayer won't effect their mindset in a test match.