• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Decent ball by Harmison, at least he pitched it up.

But seriously, bar Anderson and Dairymple, no England players are really impressing me.

sideshowtim

Banned
UncleTheOne said:
I'd hardly consider this an insight into England's test team.
Half of these blokes play in the test team. Harmison is having a shocker. He was 0/15 off 2 delieveries...Flintoff got a duck, Bell got 4 and Pietersen can't control himself. One Dayers aren't a magnificent indication of how a team is travelling although be warned...

Come down here and play like that and we'll slaughter you.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sideshowtim said:
Half of these blokes play in the test team. Harmison is having a shocker. He was 0/15 off 2 delieveries...Flintoff got a duck, Bell got 4 and Pietersen can't control himself. One Dayers aren't a magnificent indication of how a team is travelling although be warned...

Well duh, play like this and even a rubbish India side will slaughter us.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
aussie said:
Don't under-rate England, they may have a poor ODI record but they have a great work ethic and could easily upset someone, they managed to keep a full-strenght Pakistan side 2-2 with a weakened side of there own just recently which was a superb effort IMO.

Australia are the only side who one can safely say will qualify for sure, India's form of late has been poor & the Windies are extremely unpredictable.
what have got u after todays performance then???? :D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BoyBrumby said:
Fitting way for it to end, really. Well bowled & fielded India and very well captained Mr Dravid. Top stuff.

This may be the old duffer in me, but I really love watching Powar bowl. Such a beautiful orthodox offie's action. Gets turn &, judging by Dalrymple's dismissal, has a quality top-spinner too.

&, It may be stating the obvious, but how shocking were we? :-O

Powar's got a spinner's body too ;). If he learns the doosra, I'd take him over Harbhajan.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My word, they're already a third of the way there. Will be over before the 10th at this rate :D

godofcricket

State 12th Man
roseboy64 said:
Umm no?I'd say Australia and West Indies. England are crap in ODIs and the WI have India in the palm of their hands.
is it??? with such a powerful indian batting line-up and a somewhat better bowling line-up than the windies and tell u what? in their home ground, i wouldnt be sure about your statement.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
sideshowtim said:

It'll be a test series, admittedly Harmison is always a worry. But Bell won't be opening, Flintoff won't be at 3, and surely you Aussie's no better than to slate KP, and his shot today was hardly an example of not controlling himself.

But you carry on, after all, we heard it all last year prior to the series.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
Well duh, play like this and even a rubbish India side will slaughter us.
I don't know about rubbish. They not great or anything, but assuming a couple people (Yuvraj , Dhoni, Pathan) fire, they can be a decent ODI side.

Its about the consistency with those three people, as they are usually the key.

Dravid

International Captain
Wow, India bowled so good today. I am so happy :) And they are 48 in 5 overs. I love how they are playing today.