• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
ive gotta say, this shows why australia has been world champions for so long. you just can't rule them out.
This match also shows why England has potential to truly challenge the World Champions. England of a couple years ago would have wilted after slumping on the morning of day 3. This England team has the self-belief to comeback from death against the best in the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Isolator said:
It would've been a tie had Bowden not called that Warne leg-bye a dead ball, though.
How so? Warne would have been down at the other end. Someone else would have been on strike for the next ball. Everything would have played out differently.

Ridiculous comment really.

Top_Cat

Having now seen both, have to say this touches the intensity of Adelaide Aus vs WI 1993 but I found that one the most intense match I'd ever seen. It wasn't as if there was a flurry of 4's; every run was a graft.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
For a moment I thought that we were going to lose you.

If you could lose interest in the series after a game like that, even if we HAD lost, suggests that you really ought to choose another sport - say Gurning or Cumberland wrestling.
I'm not interesting in seeing England getting hammered 5-0 or whatever. I've seen it happen plenty of times already and I didn't like it then and I wouldn't like it now.

Cloete

International Captain
****!

What an absolutely amazingly brilliant match!

Well done England, I'm extremely ****ed off though. Australia put up such a good effort.

Once again, great win for England. But I think the biggest winner here is test cricket!

AMAZING!!! But I'm still ****ing gutted :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
I'm not interesting in seeing England getting hammered 5-0 or whatever. I've seen it happen plenty of times already and I didn't like it then and I wouldn't like it now.
If you're old enough to remember the 5-0 whitewashes against the great West Indies sides, you surprise me. If you can remember the last whitewash in an Ashes series, you've invented time-travel