• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, not very clever.

Mind you, I'm not 100% on the rules, but was that a clear try scoring chance?

Deliberate knock on is a penalty and (usually) a yellow every day, but I'm not totally sold on that being a clear cut opportunity which, as I understand, is necessary for a penalty try.

And I say that as obviously a Brumby well-wisher.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, not very clever.

Mind you, I'm not 100% on the rules, but was that a clear try scoring chance?

Deliberate knock on is a penalty and (usually) a yellow every day, but I'm not totally sold on that being a clear cut opportunity which, as I understand, is necessary for a penalty try.

And I say that as obviously a Brumby well-wisher.
They removes the player that caused the infringement at the time of the infringement. That only leaves a Brumbies player to collect and score.

Normally a deliberate foul in the in goal area is reason enough for a penalty try. Because it's normally done trying to prevent an opposition scoring.

ripper868

International Coach
Crusaders have been finding ways to win at the death for 25+ years, nice to see them do the opposite for the next 25 or so.

Heboric

International Debutant
Wow just watched the highlights of Canada vs New Zealand ladies what an upset especially because the game was played in NZ.
Very harsh decision against Canada to disallow the try. They had already kicked the conversion before they overruled the decision.

Any team with a player whose first name is Fancy should win automatically :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to give the struggling Crusaders credit where it's due - huge performance tonight.

Blues just can't seem to get it done at that stadium.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Have to give the struggling Crusaders credit where it's due - huge performance tonight.

Blues just can't seem to get it done at that stadium.
Agree.

For once Reece wasn't really involved and they actually won.

Also NSW have now got the wooden spoon and the battle for the top 3 and 6,7,8 is looking interesting

Crusaders have still got a chance, but the Highlanders should beat the Drua in Dunedin and the Drua beat the Rebels in Suva which would leave the Crusaders out of the top 8.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rebels dumped from Super Rugby from next season

Not the worst outcome for Oz Rugby as we don’t have the depth (or money) to support 5 teams

James

Cricket Web Owner
So the Blues choke against the Chiefs giving the Hurricanes top place.

Picking a Hurricanes/Brumbies Final from here.

Brook's side

International Debutant
Delighted to see big Courtney got a win in his final game for Northampton yesterday.
All time England great for me. Just a superb rugby player.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Delighted to see big Courtney got a win in his final game for Northampton yesterday.
All time England great for me. Just a superb rugby player.
Quality player. Itoje probably has the bigger rep, but I thought Lawes was the better player (and must less annoying!!) - a worthy rival to the likes of Retallick, Etzebeth, Whitelock, and AWJ.

Brook's side

International Debutant
Quality player. Itoje probably has the bigger rep, but I thought Lawes was the better player (and must less annoying!!) - a worthy rival to the likes of Retallick, Etzebeth, Whitelock, and AWJ.
Some great players there for sure.

Shout out to Simon Shaw but I'd have Lawes alongside Johnson in my all time England side (having seen players since mid-late 80s).

Just a complete all-round player. Maybe there's one but I can't think of an area of his game he wasn't brilliant at.

Reads the game so well. Incredible work rate. Completely dependable, always there when needed. Never backed down. Makes so many decisive timely interventions. Defensive monster. Very high level handling skills etc. Very solid in the set piece. Good discipline.
Just a dream player really. Very unlucky to have had so many untimely concussions.

ripper868

International Coach
Wallabies #10 from the 2023 RWC Carter Gordon is off to Rugby League.

Not sure it's a 'massive' loss, but there is certainly a huge hole at #10 for the wallabies right now.

Certainly a decision before Joe Schmidt has even had a chance to name his first squad.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lolesio is a decent player and young Lynagh will very useful in a couple of years.
Lolesio has weaknesses but is an elite goal kicker which is something that the Wallabies desperately needs

I’d give him some time

Gordon is very talented but his kicking game is very, very inconsistent for an international fly half and he may well be better suited to league in the short term

ripper868

International Coach
I hope young Lynagh comes on strong, same with Edmed at the Tahs, both seemed to start this SR season strong, but both ended it on the bench.

B&I next year could be a proper slaughter.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wales are very much in a transitional phase (read: are a shower of sheep shit) just now so think yer Wobblies should get a couple in the "W" column there at least.

Heboric

International Debutant
Congrats Bulls on the victory against Ireland Leinster that was sweet :clapping:

Edit And getting a home final to boot, make it count

Last edited: