• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate thread for 2024 ranking of bowlers poll

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The strategy didn't work though. They tried to prop Ashwin from the first vote but he is out of the top 20 because most of us aren't falling for that.
Only one poster voted him from the first vote. The other votes for Ashwin have all been fair enough.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
At the moment, Ashwin is probably outside the top 20 bowlers of all time. But so is Mr subshakerz Verity. If he had voted Laker, I may have understood as Laker >> Verity.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The strategy didn't work though. They tried to prop Ashwin from the first vote but he is out of the top 20 because most of us aren't falling for that.
dude i think the only reason why you’re seeing agendas and hidden strats from everyone is because you’re the one with the agenda in the 1st place and you think everyone acts like that because its the only way you know

you’re projecting way too hard buddy

subshakerz

International Coach
ATM Ashwin is probably outside the top 20 bowlers of all time. But so is Mr subshakerz Verity. If you had voted Laker I may have understood as Laker >> Verity
I know. I was split on Laker vs Verity, I think I should have voted Laker now that you mention it.

subshakerz

International Coach
dude i think the only reason why you’re seeing agendas and hidden strats from everyone is because you’re the one with the agenda in the 1st place and you think everyone acts like that because its the only way you know

you’re projecting way too hard buddy
L&L has already documented multiple incidences in the poll of Ashwin propping up and group selection plus CricAddict's meltdown and outrage over Verity beating him. My thoughts on Ashwin are clear.

subshakerz

International Coach
this alone makes it questionable why currently active players are eligible when they’re both getting ****ed by nostalgia lovers and people actively ****ting on them for having the curse of playing on live broadcast now
I have to acknowledge the possibility that Cummins can have a drop off in standards.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Certain others have acknowledged the likely possibility of Ashwin taking 600+ wickets as well as doing well overseas. :laugh:
current players are subjected to incredible scrutiny for

failing to turn up not only in a series or even a test but even sessions that live long in memory because they’re so ****ing recent

when they have on paper stats like Rabada in Aus they’re rightly exposed as fraud series

hyperfocus on their tiniest failures

tax for benefitting from bowler friendly pitches

tax for not playing against the great behemoths of 20th century because cricket is the only sport that has evolved backwards

and now they also get **** on in advance because they’ll be **** eventually at a point

while older players

- dont get any black marks for any failures because those only exist as bad stats on paper and hey you can explain them away too

- tend to have nostalgia merchants who only remember their best moments and retain them with time because it takes them back to their favourite cricket moments

- benefit from favourable checklist analysis. have a sketchy record against strong opposition or an absent record in some places? well dont worry, we can always make favourable assumptions for you to say how you would have rolled over everyone because you are O L D and O L D is G O L D

- boost from playing against 20th century behemoths

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

failing to turn up not only in a series or even a test but even sessions that live long in memory because they’re so ****ing recent

when they have on paper stats like Rabada in Aus they’re rightly exposed as fraud series

tax for not playing against the great behemoths of 20th century because cricket is the only sport that has evolved backwards

and now they also get **** on in advance because they’ll be **** eventually at a point

while older players

- dont get any black marks for any failures because those only exist as bad stats on paper and hey you can explain them away too

- tend to have nostalgia merchants who only remember their best moments and retain them with time because it takes them back to their favourite cricket moments

- benefit from favourable checklist analysis. have a sketchy record against strong opposition or an absent record in some places? well dont worry, we can always make favourable assumptions for you to say how you would have rolled over everyone because you are O L D and O L D is G O L D

And also because a poster in general is rated more knowledgeable when they rate an old player compared to a current player.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

while older players

That's right