• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How does Ravindra Jadeja compare with Kapil Dev and Ian Botham ( Tests)

Jadeja vs Kapil vs Botham- the better A/R

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Their bowling numbers pretty much are indistinguishable. Batting numbers for Botham clearly a level above.
Nah Botham was better and has a more consistent record across countries. Hell his away average is identical to Kapil’s overall average.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Nah Botham was better and has a more consistent record across countries. Hell his away average is identical to Kapil’s overall average.
Kapil had to carry the bowling on his back much more with ****tier bowlers around him and less suitable home conditions; as well as the feat of playing all his Test matches on the trott missing only one....

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh he averages like 2 runs lower than Kapil away from home and performed like a weakling against the best opposition unlike Kapil who leveled up. There's nothing in it in terms of bowling.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh he averages like 2 runs lower than Kapil away from home and performed like a weakling against the best opposition unlike Kapil who leveled up. There's nothing in it in terms of bowling.
3 runs actually. Think about that for a second - the difference between Wasim and Anderson, the difference between Anderson and Kapil.

As I said I agree with you, he was much better against the Windies, that is his main selling point. I don’t think it overcomes everything else though.

Burgey

Jadeja is a better batsman and bowler than Kapil Dev in tests. This competition is between Jadeja and Botham. Both are good in both batting and bowling.
Yeah I think this is so especially with the ball, much as Kapil is a gun. I think it's pretty close between he and Jadeja with the bat, though the latter seems to have come on at test level in spades in recent years.

OverratedSanity

That's unfair on Jadeja to me but underrating him is the favorite pastime in CW these days so to each his own.
Which one, the bowling or batting part?

Either way, rating him marginally below two other great all rounders in any discipline is hardly some huge disrespect lol

OverratedSanity

Three greater than symbols is not marginal.
Yes fair. On batting, I firmly believe Botham is far far better than his average indicates and significantly better than the other two. He is a better batsman than even Imran who averages almost 38. I think people really underestimate how insane it is for a bowling all rounder to score 14 hundreds.

This also does not indicate Jadeja disrespect at all. Botham just has some insane numbers.

Majestic

U19 Cricketer
Batting:
Botham>>>Jadeja>Kapil

Bowling:
Botham=Kapil>Jadeja
I agree with this except the three '>' sign between Botham and Jadeja in batting and basically four '>' sign between Botham and Kapil in batting. I think one should be enough.

Bowling, I would agree to it.