• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin - The ATG Spinner

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The fact that Ash is now legitimately an ATG bowler and spinner (he was there as a cricketer a while before) AND India continuing to do so well is gonna ensure subzi is at his salty worst for a fair while now on the forum, and that is just funny. :laugh:

subshakerz

International Coach
The fact that Ash is now legitimately an ATG bowler and spinner (he was there as a cricketer a while before) AND India continuing to do so well is gonna ensure subzi is at his salty worst for a fair while now on the forum, and that is just funny. :laugh:
Maybe it would have been funny if you didn't recycle the same comment three-four times by now.

You didn't answer my question. Who are your other ATG spinners?

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
C'mon man. GOAT is taken. Don't turn this into some of that AB style bull****.

Ashwin can still be the sheep, or the cow. Maybe the llama or antelope. He can't be rhino. He could be the camel. Maybe peacock!
He can be the sperm whale. Biggest brain of all the animals.

subshakerz

International Coach
ATG spinners

Top 1 to 5

O'Reilley
Warne
Murali
Laker
Grimmett

Top 6 to 10

Ashwin
Verity
Gupte
Benaud
Bedi

Top 11 to 15

Gibbs
Chandra
Kumble
Underwood
Tayfield

Top 16 to 25

Trumble
MacGill
Swann
Saqlain
Qadir
Mankad
Herat
Prasanna
Harbhajan
Lyon
I dont necessarily agree with you list, but whoever make the top 4-5 to me all ATGs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ATG spinners

Top 1 to 5

O'Reilley
Warne
Murali
Laker
Grimmett

Top 6 to 10

Ashwin
Verity
Gupte
Benaud
Bedi

Top 11 to 15

Gibbs
Chandra
Kumble
Underwood
Tayfield

Top 16 to 25

Trumble
MacGill
Swann
Saqlain
Qadir
Mankad
Herat
Prasanna
Harbhajan
Lyon
I disagree with a lot of this but the two that stand out are that Lyon is way too low and Harbhajan shouldn’t be there.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
ATG spinners

Top 1 to 5

O'Reilley
Warne
Murali
Laker
Grimmett

Top 6 to 10

Ashwin
Verity
Gupte
Benaud
Bedi

Top 11 to 15

Gibbs
Chandra
Kumble
Underwood
Tayfield

Top 16 to 25

Trumble
MacGill
Swann
Saqlain
Qadir
Mankad
Herat
Prasanna
Harbhajan
Lyon
Never seen someone on a Gupte train tbh

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
It's unusual but definitely not unheard of. Gupte did have a peak where he took 111 wickets in 22 matches at a sub 25 average over a roughly 6 year period mind.
His record is massively boosted by poor NZ and Pakistani batting lineups. Definitely doesn’t deserve top 10.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
His record is massively boosted by poor NZ and Pakistani batting lineups. Definitely doesn’t deserve top 10.
I agree and would definitely have him behind Kumble and Chandra as Indian leggies. The bigging up of Gupte isn't unique to Bagapath though.