• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin - The ATG Spinner

subshakerz

International Coach
Using series wins as a measure of personal player quality has got to be one of the worst methods of player judging, along with the stupid 'head to head' player contests.

But it does give a window in the mindset of certain posters who allow their team interests to dictate these comparisons.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Using series wins as a measure of personal player quality has got to be one of the worst methods of player judging, along with the stupid 'head to head' player contests.

But it does give a window in the mindset of certain posters who allow their team interests to dictate these comparisons.
When they’re a huge reason why those wins happened, it’s fair.
Anderson and Broad, one borderline ATG and one very good bowler, basically had conditions at home to suit them too and haven’t done what Ashwin and Jadeja have done at home.
All I’m saying is you can’t consider Anderson an ATG but not Ashwin (I know you don’t, so that’s different. Was raising a general point).

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting smacked in 2 separate countries.
Its really not the same tbf. Murali and Warne were freaks that had the capability to be match winners on basically any surface put in front of them. No need to make a futile attempt at pulling them down just because someone's being a moron about Ashwin.

subshakerz

International Coach
Its really not the same tbf. Murali and Warne were freaks that had the capability to be match winners on basically any surface put in front of them. No need to make a futile attempt at pulling them down just because someone's being a moron about Ashwin.
So apparently questioning Murali's ATG credentials doesn't make you a moron, only Ashwin's.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Anderson isn't an ATG. And again you are exaggerating Ashwins role in that Aussie series win, it's not like Mitch 2013/14 Ashes.
Try reading my post again. I have no idea what you’re talking about.
I’m talking about wins at home, or rather the lack of losses since Ashwin and Jadeja’s debut.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Good ti
Averages 75 in Australia and 45 in IND (best players of spin). Also averaged 28 in Zimbabwe
As we have all said multiple times pretty much every ATG has holes in his record. If you’re looking for players with no holes in their records you’ll have an extremely short list of ATGs.

accidentally posted his **** on twitter during a county game. That's not atg output.
Are you sure? How big was it?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
As we have all said multiple times pretty much every ATG has holes in his record. If you’re looking for players with no holes in their records you’ll have an extremely short list of ATGs.

Are you sure? How big was it?
I would send you the source material but last time I did that I got banned for a month.