• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Some terrible Gambhiring going on here from Kiwi supporters. Miles in front in the game ffs. Embrace it.
Yeah, I can’t imagine it being much fun reading the sorts of posts in the last couple of pages, very much a feature of NZ-Aus threads. The scoreboard and Australian batting form suggests NZ are well in front for sure, but baggage aside the fact that NZ are over-relying on 2 bowlers (one of whom is on debut) and the new ball unlikely to be a factor tomorrow is the reason for caution.

That said, it’s perfectly set up for Sears and Henry to have a fresh crack at Aus tomorrow morning.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Apparently NZC is working on 3-Test series at home vs AUS, ENG & IND in the next FTP.

I really do wonder, because it would make sense for him to go out here, but then again, the next 6 Tests are all in Asia, & without him the most experienced bowler in Asian conditions is Ajaz. Henry can definitely lead the attack, but the realistic options to open with him will be Duffy (who averaged about 50 vs India A a couple of years back) & Smith (who's an unknown in Asian conditions). I'd back Duffy/Smith vs England at the end of the year, but I'm a bit iffy on Asia.
In any case, I expect an A tour roughly midyear, hopefully to somewhere in Asia, or at this rate even SA will do.
Not sure id be picking Duffy who will be 30 for those tours over a few of the youngsters going round the likes of smith as you mentioned and Matt fisher who did very well in that india A tour not to mention Sears and O'Rourke

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I can’t imagine it being much fun reading the sorts of posts in the last couple of pages, very much a feature of NZ-Aus threads. The scoreboard and Australian batting form suggests NZ are well in front for sure, but baggage aside the fact that NZ are over-relying on 2 bowlers (one of whom is on debut) and the new ball unlikely to be a factor tomorrow is the reason for caution.

That said, it’s perfectly set up for Sears and Henry to have a fresh crack at Aus tomorrow morning.
Oh I think if Aus get close then the second new ball will definitely come into it. 202 to get in 54 overs before the second new ball - if it isn’t going to be an issue then these two will have either batted through to win it for Aus already or be within close enough reach (like 20 odd or whatever).

If one of them goes relatively early, I don’t think the run rate will be fast enough for the new ball to be irrelevant towards the end, if it’s required at all.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Caught up on the days play.

I thought Laubaschagne bowled part time leggy.

Was surprised to see him bowling one too many bouncers for the over at a faster speed than Southee and Robinson can manage :laugh:

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
I miss all the fun when I fall asleep...can anyone share the footage of the Marnus over?

If day 4 goes anything like D3, it's going to be pretty close come the end isn't it?