• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Flem274*

123/5
Bang.

Mitchell McClenaghan was on SENZ questioning the young bowlers talent in the aftermath of the first test.

Sears and O'Rourke are still in development but hopefully this shows Stead and Wells you can be braver.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Completely changed my tune on Ben Sears on this tour. His attitude is spot on - runs in hard, gets in line with the bat, chases in the outfield, smart cricketer, too. Not scared of anyone.
I was concerned he would be gun barrel straight. He was for a little of the first innings once the ball got old, but having some natural shape away makes a big difference.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Outstanding start by NZ. Southee, Kuggs and Phillips need to back Henry and Sears up though. Surely they will be tiring and as long as this pair are at the crease you’d think the runs will come fast.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also re: the fossils. If CA had some spine they'd tell NSW to pick Ollie Davies at 3. No ifs, buts, or maybes, we need to have a proper look at how good he actually is.
I'm fine with Davies lower for the time being, but he's clearly NSW's best hope at the moment and they need back him. Same as they need to back Green in this Australian team. He is miles ahead of NSW's next best, who unfortunately has been Henriques who I hoped would have been discarded by now, if you're talking about old fossils taking up middle order spots.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm fine with Davies lower for the time being, but he's clearly NSW's best hope at the moment and they need back him. Same as they need to back Green in this Australian team. He is miles ahead of NSW's next best, who unfortunately has been Henriques who I hoped would have been discarded by now, if you're talking about old fossils taking up middle order spots.
He's batting below Gilkes and the ghost of Henriques. He needs to bat 4 at worst