• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stupid from the selectors to not take Santner in the last 3 tests. A good spinner is required at least for the variety he provides.
Playing Devil's advocate but I reckon part of it was GP being so effective last game. Can imagine the selectors thinking they would get more out of a 4th seamer than another spinner if GP can already do the job

King Kane

International Debutant
Of course we lose another wicket just before lunch to swing the session Australia's way.

Rachin showing his inexperience there having a swipe at that one when he didn't need to play at it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When it rained we used to set up the slips cradle up under cover and throw some water on it, then get those balls the Milo cricket kids used - not as hard as a cricket ball but had some decent weight in them so they'd skim off it and hurt when they hit you without otentially killing you - and set up a game on the verandah of the club house, with blokes pelting them as hard as they could form about ten yards away. Was great fun. Tested the reflexes
Skimming a hairless tennis ball off the water down at the beach/creek is good fun too.

TheJediBrah

Of course we lose another wicket just before lunch to swing the session Australia's way.

Rachin showing his inexperience there having a swipe at that one when he didn't need to play at it.
Rachin threw his wicket away with a loose shot? I'm shocked

Plan to him should just be bowl outside off with some catchers and a ring field and wait for him to immediately **** up

Flametree

International 12th Man
Hazlewood is seriously good isn't he? Getting pretty close to the all-time Aussie 2nd xi now... If the first is usually Davidson/Lindwall + Lillee and McGrath, then the second xi is the other of Davidson/Lindwall + Cummins + ??? Depends what role you want Miller to play I guess. (And I'm ignoring the pre-WW1 options of Turner and Spofforth...)

King Kane

International Debutant
Hazlewood is seriously good isn't he? Getting pretty close to the all-time Aussie 2nd xi now... If the first is usually Davidson/Lindwall + Lillee and McGrath, then the second xi is the other of Davidson/Lindwall + Cummins + ??? Depends what role you want Miller to play I guess. (And I'm ignoring the pre-WW1 options of Turner and Spofforth...)
I remember watching him in the U19 World Cup back in 2008.

He was a standout for Australia then along with Kohli for India and Williamson, Southee and Boult for NZ, all have gone on to be great test cricketers.

SillyCowCorner1

It’s the power of the (malnourished) Teletubby

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie and Harris ahead imo