• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Flem274*

123/5
****, that is heartbreaking. Would have been his first test series against Australia. I always wondered how he would have gone against them on that 2019/20 tour.
Probs bad. He gained a level between his debut series and the following summer imo. And thst tour was a disaster, so not too worried.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cant wait to take on the Aussies with two people bowling 120's and someone in thier second test
****, that is heartbreaking. Would have been his first test series against Australia. I always wondered how he would have gone against them on that 2019/20 tour.
from memory he was over there for atleast 1 test may as well have just played him the way that tour was going

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Bugger.

Thanks god that they actually had the balls to debut O'Rourke.

I don't want to watch if both Southee and Wagner are playing.

Flem274*

123/5
Southee
Henry
O'Rourke
Santner

It's pretty mid but it's the obvious. Next summer:

Jamieson
Henry
O'Rourke
Spinner

Smith to move into the reserves along with someone else I haven't settled on yet. Domestic wickets are cheaper this season due to the majority of openers being 21, averaging it, or both.

Immenso

" ruled out of cricket until at least next summer"

And we have our busiest off-season possibly in our entire history.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Southee
Henry
O'Rourke
Santner

It's pretty mid but it's the obvious. Next summer:

Jamieson
Henry
O'Rourke
Spinner

Smith to move into the reserves along with someone else I haven't settled on yet. Domestic wickets are cheaper this season due to the majority of openers being 21, averaging it, or both.
according to Blackcaps Socials Jamieson out until at least next summer which to me sounds likely not sure who would come in

Jezroy

State Captain
Love the story that some locals saw him bowling in the nets and were surprised we weren’t playing him, with the immortal quote “who’s that giant ****?”

Jezroy

State Captain
The Latham question is a strange one - as many of you have agreed here, his record is disappointing against the toughest teams, but there isn’t anyone you would replace him with.

The Hutt Rec

Terrible news about Jamieson, and the beginning of the end for our test series vs Aus.

If it goes like it usually does we’ll lose 2 or 3 more during the t20s, then half the team in the first test, ending up with Jeet Raval batting at number 3 by test number 2

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Probs bad. He gained a level between his debut series and the following summer imo. And thst tour was a disaster, so not too worried.
Reckon he would've gone alright at Perth and the G. Sydney would've been a bad place for him to debut though, that pitch was Sponge as ****.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I know someone who was having an off the record convo with Timmeh the other day. Timmeh said his body was feeling very good, and he thinks he could stick around until the next MCG Boxing Day test

😢
Ok, then he needs to stop playing limited overs cricket and solely focus on being a Test player. No way he can be the guy we need for the next 2-3 years, from 35 years old, if he's jaded from playing all formats. If that's truly how he feels I'd expect that he'd do the most he can to find some sort of zip that hasn't been present lately