• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Could this help NZ? Australian players have very limited experience playing Tests in NZ.

Smith, Khawaja, Marsh, Lyon and Hazlewood have all played 2 Tests in NZ (8 years ago), while all the others have never played there

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Could this help NZ? Australian players have very limited experience playing Tests in NZ.

Smith, Khawaja, Marsh, Lyon and Hazlewood have all played 2 Tests in NZ, while all the others have never played there
Renshaw played "tests" here last year for Oz A and tonned up here. Dunno if anyone else from that squad is in this one.

Flem274*

123/5

Smith, Khawaja, Marsh, Lyon and Hazlewood have all played 2 Tests in NZ, while all the others have never played there
Australia will like the grounds they're playing at. The Basin is a road and Hagley is fast, bouncy and spin is usually a non-entity there.

Most innings where Asian sides were pulverized by various kiwi batsmen occur at Hagley and the Basin.

If we were dicks we'd play at Seddon Park (slow clay), The Mount and Uni Oval.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Australia will like the grounds they're playing at. The Basin is a road and Hagley is fast, bouncy and spin is usually a non-entity there.
Oh I remember now. Last year NZ followed on against Bazball England at the Basin and ended up winning by 1 run. Hope the first test is as exciting as that one, including NZ getting bowled out again for 209 on a road 😉

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
I think they should rename the Trans Tasman trophy to the Richard Hadlee trophy.

He destroyed Australia every game as his record of 23 tests, 130 wkts @ 20.56 shows. He's more than double the wkts of any other pace bowler in Aus vs NZ Tests.

For an Aussie name on the trophy, Border has the most runs and Warne has the most wkts, but they don't have records as great as Hadlee and they already have trophies named after them. Dennis Lillee is the closest for pace domination but he only played 8 Tests vs NZ (38 wkts @ 19.75)

So like the Frank Worrell trophy we don't need two names and the Aus-NZ Tests should be for the Richard Hadlee trophy. By far the greatest player ever in Aus vs NZ Tests (even though like most Aussies I loved to hate him in the 1980's)

Just my non-biased opinion 😀

Last edited:

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
I dunno, with Chappell-Hadlee already existing (albeit with Hadlee also including his father & brothers), but seeing as we may never have another Chappell-Hadlee series, there may be something there.

The real funny one is if there was a T20 trophy. Guptill-Finch, anyone? Sounds like an investment bank.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think they should rename the Trans Tasman trophy to the Richard Hadlee trophy.

He destroyed Australia every game as his record of 23 tests, 130 wkts @ 20.56 shows. He's more than double the wkts of any other pace bowler in Aus vs NZ Tests.

For an Aussie name on the trophy, Border has the most runs and Warne has the most wkts, but they don't have records as great as Hadlee and they already have trophies named after them. Dennis Lillee is the closest for pace domination but he only played 8 Tests vs NZ (38 wkts @ 19.75)

So like the Frank Worrell trophy we don't need two names and the Aus-NZ Tests should be for the Richard Hadlee trophy. By far the greatest player ever in Aus vs NZ Tests (even though like most Aussies I loved to hate him in the 1980's)

Just my non-biased opinion 😀
Hadlee's a Wanker Trophy.