• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know he's a biggish name, so not sure he belongs here, or if it's that remarkable, but Zak's stubborn will to just average within five in all forms interests me oddly, long live the mediocrity.

shortpitched713

International Captain
So, there are 2 post-war cricketers I tend to find a bit harder to rate due to shortened matches total, 1 batsman, the other fast bowler.

But whereas with Alan Davidson, it was injuries that cut his career short, why did Clyde Walcott play so relatively few matches as a batsman (74 innings total)?

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
But whereas with Alan Davidson, it was injuries that cut his career short, why did Clyde Walcott play so relatively few matches as a batsman (74 innings total)?
West Indies didn't play that many Tests?

Walcott, Weekes and Worrell all debuted in 1948. Walcott played 44 Tests, Weekes 48 and Worrell only 51 even though he played 3 years longer than Walcott

Edit: had Worrell at 54 tests

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Worrell missed a couple of years in the late 50s because he was studying for a degree. (He also missed some earlier tours - don't know if he was injured or otherwise unavailable). Incidentally, he played 51 Tests.

According to Wiki, Davidson retired after the 1962-3 Ashes for "family and business reasons".

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More luminaries who bowled 'wobble-seamers' aside from Shahid Nazir: James Hopes, Grant Elliot, Gavin Tonge and Daren Sammy

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So that run out in the T20 last night.

Aus were entitled to appeal at any point before the bowler commences his run up, I believe.

I’m assuming the bowler hadn’t commenced his run up when the vision showed on the big screens and Aus realised the batsman was out.

So, once Aus began discussing it with the umpire, they were entitled to appeal (which I believe Hazelwood) did, and it should’ve been adjudicated on or referred to the tv umpire. Correct?

Or is there a law in international/big league where if a big screen replay is shown an appeal can’t be subsequently made? Because surely there should be, or replays should not be shown before the next ball is bowled as the fielding team can have a second look at a potential LBW or edge or run out.