• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under-19 World Cup- South Africa 2024

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most U19 wickets at a single ICC World Cup

1.Kwena Maphaka 25 wickets* in 8 matches (2024)

2.Enamul Haque Jr. 22 wickets
(2004)

3.Mushtaq Ahmed & Wayne Holdsworth 19 wickets
(1988)

4.Wayne Parnell 18 wickets
(2008)

5.Dunith Wellalage & Ravi Bishnoi 17 wickets
(2022)
Insane numbers.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Forgot England were playing today.

I see Haydon Mustard is keeping wicket. He is the son of "Colonel" Phil Mustard the former Durham and England player.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think it's out tbh. Basically he's defended a normal ball, it's dropped dead by his foot, he's picked it up and tossed it to the keeper, Zimbabwe have appealed and it's been given out. But I really don't think that should be out.

EDIT: Oh I've looked up the rule and yeah it's out. It's a very stupid rule though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vidler for an Australian call-up within 12 months, you heard it here first.
Lol

He’s nowhere near being the quickest kid of his age

They’re both injured

The best u19 bowler in the country took 6 in 1st grade today after taking nearly 100 wickets last season but he’s been out most of the season

Last edited:

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
One other I should mention is Coles who I think was in the squad but not the team, currently playing in the Lions v India A match. As you say, some County sides are harder to break into whilst Sussex, for example, are not. Coles debuted aged 16 and is still only 19 now having already played 20 FC matches.
When England won beating NZ in the final in 1998 teams included
The Marshall twins, Franklin, Vincent, McGlashen, Mills and Martin v Key, Shah, Swann, Schofield and Franks all of whom played at least 1 ODI.

Aidan11

Nah just went to check the scorecard. Sure we will see it later on.
Just seen it. S***housery.

The ball was dead in front of the wicket. Indicated to the field he would pick it up which he did and they appealled.

Now there was no obstruction there so I think the umpire was wrong. I'm sure this is why handling the ball was merged into obstruction to stop stupid appeals like this.

Spark

Global Moderator

The ball was dead in front of the wicket. Indicated to the field he would pick it up which he did and they appealled.

Now there was no obstruction there so I think the umpire was wrong. I'm sure this is why handling the ball was merged into obstruction to stop stupid appeals like this.
Cue another endless around of debates about what constitutes dead but surely like everyone can agree that ball, which has been motionless for a good three seconds is dead, in which case the batsman is perfectly entitled to pick up the ball. I see why it was given because technically you do have to ask the fielder's permission to pick up the ball but that should only apply when the ball is live, when this wasn't imo. It's not good umpiring.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umpire ****ed up there IMO. I'm pretty sure once the ball is dead the batter is allowed to touch the ball.

theegyptian

Umpire ****ed up there IMO. I'm pretty sure once the ball is dead the batter is allowed to touch the ball.
the ball is only dead when both teams deem it to be iirc. Clearly Zimbabwe didn't think it was dead. I think you once you get to this standard you'd expect the batsman to not just pick the ball up without the permission of the fielding side. Clearly the bat wasn't trying to gain an advantage but it doesn't matter.

always interesting in club cricket when someone just picks the ball up like this. I always feel kinda sorry for the casual in instances like this because if the more ardent cricket fans like ourselves don't know the rules precisely about things such as when the ball is dead how can you expect a casual to know he shouldn't pick the ball up in situations like this.

Beamer

So Zimbabwe fans have spent the last 7 years abusing Keemo Paul for mankading them in 2016, even though more than one of their batsman was setting off early in the match and gaining an advantage.

The fact they think this is acceptable is hilariously hypocritical. I expect to see an apology from their coach and universal condemnation from their fans for the next decade....

Yeah I doubt it.