• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Root is undoubtedly our second best spinner. Things look vastly more controlled and dangerous with him and Leach in tandem.

Makes all those Hartley overs early on even more baffling.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Root is undoubtedly our second best spinner. Things look vastly more controlled and dangerous with him and Leach in tandem.

And the fact that last time I checked the scorecard (about when the new ball was taken) Hartley had bowled six more overs than Leach. Like... why?

Chin Music

State 12th Man

I use to have an argument on the old forum I posted on with a spin fan blowhard who got utterly exasperated that I was so dismissive of county twirlers getting a call up for the England test team. I said that I would prefer Root bowling to them because he would at least provide reasonable 10-12 overs support for the day, whereas an ordinary spin bowler having to bowl 20+ overs would be carnage against good players of spin.

cnerd123

likes this
England definitely would have been better off with Anderson + Wood + Robinson with Leach/Root as support. Could exploit a bit of reverse swing, use the new ball more effectively, and probably dry up the scoring better too.