• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

subshakerz

International Coach
Aside from when they where 2/3 in the opener, or had NZ put real pressure on them in both games they played vs them, or the england game where they where 3 down for **** all and had to defend an underpar total.
I will concede the first one maybe but after that they weren't in that serious pressure.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
India haven't bowled so well so far. They got some wickets mainly due to batting errors but have been far short of their standards of applying pressure. Shami's lack of control is particularly stark.

Having said that, this is clearly a fairly good batting surface. There is no scoreboard pressure to play with.

I will say this, India dominating and not losing earlier in this tournament is proving to be a curse for them. They never faced a match-losing situation until now and it is showing.
I sort of got the sense that India were "playing too good/playing too well" during the qualifying games and the semi-final. There's only one game that matters most and a team needs to peak for it - The Final. India have fallen short and not peaked at the right time. Australia have peaked.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly reckon half the Aus team may still be drunk when that game starts if this goes how it’s currently playing out
How many are even in the squad? I can imagine both teams would be wildly different. I mean who the **** wants to play a 5 game T20 series after a 2 month World Cup + final

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am glad stephen and subz are back to enjoy the India loss. Though, tbf to stephen, he enjoys Aussies winning against anyone.

But the reality is, our batsmen lost us this game. Its very obvious the conditions meant we have to aim for 30 above par with the bat and we did not do that. Losing wickets in clumps just cannot happen when you have 4 #11s and we let that happen today. Its the one thing we had been good at avoiding all tournament.

And @subshakerz as usual waltzing in without watching the game. India have bowled really well, except that first 4 overs when runs went everywhere. Its just been rough conditions for the bowlers once the first 10 are done. If we had done our job with the bat and got to 320, that 50/3 would have been a telling start. As it has been in other games.
I enjoy the BCCI losing more than I enjoy India losing. And I enjoy Australia winning regardless of who we're playing.

Top ton Head. Match winning. Brilliant batsman.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sluggish innings from Rahul costed India a decent total and created unnecessary panic in the dressing room. He made batting seem harder than it actually was in that pitch, and that sends wrong signal to those waiting to bat.
Not that he needed to power hit, but he failed to show intent to score and made it easy for Aussis to bowl part timers.
I think the problem is that four of the blokes who were waiting to bat are genuine 11s.

They choked (not in the usual sense do I mean that) on their own tail

Played Trav. Bloke is a weapon when he gets in

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
I'll eat humble pie for 2 things whilst this game drifts away from India:

1.I thought was Cummins was a maniac batting first but he's fooled a quite few & deserves big props.
2.I thought Marnus (whilst bolstering up the middle order for security) was unecessary payload in alot of matches and they should've looked elsewhere.This is the perfect innings he's played in these special circumstances.