• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

loterry1994

International Debutant
Didn't watch it at all but I'll comment anyway. Depends how he got his wickets. Bowlers can often end up with big hauls at the end of ODI games just by virtue of being bowling when the opposition had to slog and get out to keep up with the run rate.

It might look weird looking at the scorecard because a 7-for is a lot more rare than a hundred, but a batsman making a century to set up a win could be perceived as more influential to the result of the game
I watched it all and he pretty much got most his wickets at important times when New Zealand were getting back in the game. I’d say his first 4 wickets were like that and he stopped New Zealands momentum for periods then they had to rebuild. I would of gave it to Shami also because nearly everyone else struggled with the ball while you had several batters score big.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Shami spell after India had their huddle really stripped us of our momentum (we did sorta come back with Phillips)
Yeah absolutely. After he removed KW and Latham, Jadeja was then able to tie down Phillips for two overs and escaped with not disastrous figures of 63 in 10. He had conceded 55+ in 8 before that iirc. Phillips was 11(17) at one point and the momentum had totally been sucked away.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Absolutely. That shows that selection is a very nuanced thing, that you and I can't sit at a ground or watch a scorecard or a feed and necessarily get right. He's clearly one of those personalities that just gets better as the standard goes higher.
Reminds me a bit of Paul Collingwood or even Scott Styris as someone who does better at international level and in big games than at domestic level.

India are deserved finalists. Black Caps can reflect on an excellent campaign, losing Matt Henry was a big blow. Maybe in hindsight they could have tried Jamieson or Sodhi ahead of Southee. Neesham seemed unlucky not to feature again after his innings against Australia. But the abiding memory will be the incredible emergence of Rachin Ravindra as an international superstar. A lot of the forum have followed his progress from the under 19 WC in 2018 and probably wondered at some points whether he would live up to that early promise.

loterry1994

International Debutant
I don’t think that Toss mattered as much as people think yeah it was a slight advantage to India. But New Zealand still had a decent powerplay run rate wise. Indias batters played their innings well where they didn’t have to rebuild throughout the innings while New Zealand had to rebuild like 2-3 times

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Huge props to Rohit. To assume the role of aggressor at the top as a captain takes some guts. So easy to give that role to his junior batting partner. That's what Dhoni would have done for sure.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Tendulkar (1996)
Dravid (1999)
Tendulkar (2003)
Rohit (2019)
Kohli* (2023)
These are the top scorers from IND in WC

Kohli* = QDK can still over take him.