• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Los Pumas definitely can win, but chances are they won't.

Probably the team who have disappointed me the most, actually*. Looked decent for about a half v Japan and twenty minutes against the Leekists, but have generally been bang average.

Can't see us laying a glove on RSA either.

*Expected eff all from the Wobblies and got exactly that
Bang average would be an improvement. They were dreadful against England and awful against Samoa as well.

Molehill

International Captain
Argentina $11 **** me. Thing with them they have closed the gap a bit the last couple years. They have been competitive with the likes of NZ, Aus, England, Scotland etc picking up wins here and there
The head to head record is 33-2 with one draw. That suggests 16-1 might be a more accurate price.

loterry1994

International Debutant
The head to head record is 33-2 with one draw. That suggests 16-1 might be a more accurate price.
Yeah I know the records terrible but last few years they haven’t been bad at all. I just don’t think it’s a straight walk over like the odds say.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, if the Dutch can beat South Africa, England may be in with a chance as well.

I think for both matches you've got to apply the same 'rule' as the Quarters, NZ and RSA are by far the favourites, absolutely, but Argentina (and to a lesser extent (:ph34r:) England, are professional teams who can pull it out on there day. NZ and RSA will still need to perform to win these.
Their

🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️

ripper868

International Coach
Great start for the Pumas, yet to see how they go without the ball. They look much better than any match they've played so far though. Nz defense also looks good (naturally)

Ali TT

International Debutant
Was reading a preview last night of the Eng/SA game basically saying that England's only hope is to make it a messy, dirty, tight game. Take every opportunity for 3 points and force Libbock to have to kick theirs. In theory, makes sense. Problem though is that I fear every time there's a scrum, which there will be a lot of in this type of game, we'll probably give away a penalty, especially with Cole starting.

I also really fear Kolbe, tricky wingers have a habit of running through our defence from re-starts/high kicks.
South Africa famously hate it when the game gets dirty

James

Cricket Web Owner
As most of us thought, all too easy. A training run thus far which is handy given the fact South Africa/England will probably be more hard fought.