• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kuldeep yadav vs Brad Hogg

Who is better ODI bowler?

• Total voters

Sunil1z

International Regular
Did Hogg win even 1 man of the match performance in 2003/07 WC ? I feel Aus would have won 2003/07 WC even if any of CW members would have been their lead spinner🕵️‍♀️

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did Hogg win even 1 man of the match performance in 2003/07 WC ? I feel Aus would have won 2003/07 WC even if any of CW members would have been their lead spinner🕵️‍♀️
man of the match performances is a meaningless metric

I've gone on record many times stating that Hogg > Warne in ODIs. From 2003-2007 he was as good as any ODI spinner I've ever seen. Add that to his fantastic fielding and that he was almost an all-rounder makes him a much more valuable cricketer. Hogg's fielding along with the likes of Ponting, Symonds and Clarke in the ring was also a big part of what made the team so good

ftr I'm not arguing that he's a better bowler than Kuldeep. I don't really know Kuldeep from a bar of soap so I'm not qualified

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Why do you bring WC win while comparing player. WC is won by a team and it has nothing to do with a player calliber.
SO according to u SREESANTH> CURTLY AMBROSE OR DALE STEYN OR RICHARD HADLEE
And to counter your second point Kuldeep was at his lowest in 2019 and 2020 and he has worked on himself and now he is a completely different bolwer. Just wait and watch his wc records this year.
Why I brought it up is because of the English you spoke, in your post that I replied to initially, you said that Kuldeep Yadav has already achieved what Hoggs has achieved in his entire career. According to the dictionary achieved means to successfully bring about or reach (a desired objective or result) by effort, skill, or courage...Kuldeep Yadav has not achieved any tournament victory so it is false to say he has achieved what Hogg has achieved in his career. Achievements is something you have done or not irrespective of quality.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Why I brought it up is because of the English you spoke, in your post that I replied to initially, you said that Kuldeep Yadav has already achieved what Hoggs has achieved in his entire career. According to the dictionary achieved means to successfully bring about or reach (a desired objective or result) by effort, skill, or courage...Kuldeep Yadav has not achieved any tournament victory so it is false to say he has achieved what Hogg has achieved in his career. Achievements is something you have done or not irrespective of quality.
I was talking about his personal records. And yes he went past Brad Hogg tally of wickets with similar average and better strike rate. Winning a WC for any player can be a cherry in a cake but you can't bring out it as a parameter to judge a player's performance. So many great players couldn't win a world cup but some mediocre players actually won. So it depends on the team as a whole not on a respective player calliber. The only point which actually makes sense is Hogg performance in world cup. Yeah that can be a context on which we can discuss.

TheJediBrah

I was talking about his personal records. And yes he went past Brad Hogg tally of wickets with similar average and better strike rate. Winning a WC for any player can be a cherry in a cake but you can't bring out it as a parameter to judge a player's performance. So many great players couldn't win a world cup but some mediocre players actually won. So it depends on the team as a whole not on a respective player calliber. The only point which actually makes sense is Hogg performance in world cup. Yeah that can be a context on which we can discuss.
It's great how comparing average and strike rate are flawless metrics because every player has played the exact same games against the exact same opposition in the exact same conditions in the exact same circumstances as every other player

Sunil1z

International Regular
I am really worried about Kuldeep in the remaining WC after this thread . 🤕
Never hype a player whose career isn’t finished.😟

the big bambino

International Captain
Given that the WC is the only meaningful odi tournament then this is a clear win for Hogg. No one really cares about players go in jamodis.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Yeah that what i meant to say,that even if he wasn't there it made no changes to Aus chance of winning games.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Yeah that's just very, very wrong
I don't think so in 2003 even the absence of Warne and Darren Lehmann doesn't rattled the Aussie. I don't think Hogg absence was a major threat for them. Any other spinner would have done the work for them. Warne just played in 1999 wc winning squad but still they won the other two just because of their resources.

TheJediBrah

I don't think so in 2003 even the absence of Warne and Darren Lehmann doesn't rattled the Aussie. I don't think Hogg absence was a major threat for them. Any other spinner would have done the work for them. Warne just played in 1999 wc winning squad but still they won the other two just because of their resources.
Mate I lived through this and you couldn't be more wrong. Hogg was immense for that team

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah because he has already achieved what Hogg achieved in his entire career. Now as Kuldeep has a lot of games left, he will past go him to become the greatest chinaman.
Mate I barely watch ODI’s but even I know WC’s matter.

Its like if you called a bloke who had better regular season stats better than Jordan if he had little to no playoff success.

TheJediBrah

There's good reason for World Cup games to be given a much higher weighting though. Especially in an age where most teams rarely name full-strength sides in JAMODIs

the big bambino

International Captain
The thread says ODI bowler, not world cup performer ("world cup bowler" would be an absurd concept), so this oft repeated "only world cups matter" trope doesn't belong here.
And based on their WC form I say Hogg is the better odi bowler because jamodis have very little weight in the matter. I explained that in my previous post which you seem to have misunderstood to build your fallacious arguments on “tropes”.