• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 12th Match (D/N) - India vs Pakistan - October 14th, Ahmedabad

smash84

The Tiger King
Strength in veg food is like boasting how good you are at bowling dry outside leg. Why do that when you can take wickets ffs
Well, veg stuff can be really good sometimes, especially for snacks. Gol gappay, chaat, samosas (can be meat as well but nothing beats a good aloo samosa from streets of Karachi) etc

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, veg stuff can be really good sometimes, especially for snacks. Gol gappay, chaat, samosas (can be meat as well but nothing beats a good aloo samosa from streets of Karachi) etc
This might disqualify me from having opinions on food but I dislike most snacks especially ones that are tangy and mushy like dahi bhalla

smash84

The Tiger King
This might disqualify me from having opinions on food but I dislike most snacks especially ones that are tangy and mushy like dahi bhalla
yeah, notice that I didn't mention dahi bhalla :p. Its smaller cousin dahi phulki is much better.

I think you need to broaden your horizons and get out of Punjab. Travel to Karachi just for the food. Or go to Peshawar. I have some good recommendations in both places if you need them.

trundler

yeah, notice that I didn't mention dahi bhalla :p.

I think you need to broaden your horizons and get out of Punjab. Travel to Karachi just for the food. Or go to Peshawar. I have some good recommendations in both places if you need them.
I like having my phone pls. But yeah I haven't travelled much outside the northern side. I've been to Peshawar though. But I gotta say Lahori food is fantastic, especially breakfast stuff.

SillyCowCorner1

I like having my phone pls. But yeah I haven't travelled much outside the northern side. I've been to Peshawar though. But I gotta say Lahori food is fantastic, especially breakfast stuff.
I subscribe to this. The local Pakistani restaurant next to me serves the Lahori style.
I have half-Lahori cousins.

The food is some of the best I have ever had.

smash84

The Tiger King
haha, stick to areas which I recommend.

Lahori food is pretty bad IMO, relative to Karachi. I spent 6 years in Lahore and was quite underwhelmed and very disappointed. Coming from Karachi I couldn't quite understand the hype.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Ugh, this is the usual take from people who are generally ignorant about good food.

Pakistan has great fusion food. Takes all the best things from Indian and Central Asian foods and takes it next level.

FYI, Lahore food sucks in general so in that I agree with @ma1978 . If you want to taste the real food of Pakistan, go to either Karachi or Peshawar. You get proper Pakistani foods.

Also agree with OS that for a lot of Pakistani dishes you can find variations in North Indian foods, but its the use of spices and cooking methods that are generally very different and lead to much superior experience.

Case in point, the tandoori chicken with orange powder that will taint your fingers forever (in at least all the Indian restaurants I have been to) is a significant downgrade from the chicken tikka you find in Karachi. Similarly, all the bar bq and kebab items are likely far superior in Pakistan too. WE have 0 strength in any veg or vegan cuisine though. So that is that.
Karachi food is just Indian food with Pakistani tadka.

As for spices, Indian food is more spicier which is almost always better.

smash84

The Tiger King
Karachi food is just Indian food with Pakistani tadka.

As for spices, Indian food is more spicier which is almost always better.
Karachi food is like the Concorde to North Indian food being a Boeing 737. Both are airliners but Concorde is just a marvel.

Actually taste against spice in food follows an inverted U shape. Which is where Indian food suffers. Pakistani food gets it right.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Karachi food is like the Concorde to North Indian food being a Boeing 737. Both are airliners but Concorde is just a marvel.

Actually taste against spice in food follows an inverted U shape. Which is where Indian food suffers. Pakistani food gets it right.
Nah the spicier the better

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You know i can write essay on why nationalism is ineffective and actually harmful in the long run.

But the main reason why i despise nationalism is that it's an European idea and being the xenophobe i'm these foreign concepts fill me with disgust.

PS - As with most bad things, nationalism is a British invention. God, these anglos really can't give us a break.
I agree it is a foreign concept.
In an ideal world we need no borders, no nations, just one world. Thats the ultimate goal.

Maybe in another 50-100 years humans will have developed and evolved to the point that boundaries all over can be a bare minimum. People have moved beyond violence and mind set of conquering-ruling-dominating each over and more focused on collective progress towards the good of whole of mankind and our planet.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I agree it is a foreign concept.
In an ideal world we need no borders, no nations, just one world. Thats the ultimate goal.

Maybe in another 50-100 years humans will have developed and evolved to the point that boundaries all over can be a bare minimum. People have moved beyond violence and mind set of conquering-ruling-dominating each over and more focused on collective progress towards the good of whole of mankind and our planet.
Mate, you need to take a chill pill.

It was just a joke.