• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Neser

the big bambino

International Captain
The language about Warner is getting equivocal and his form against Broad all too familiar. So I think the options have to be considered. Neser at 8 to lengthen the batting as some compensation to batting either Green, Marsh or Marnus out of position isn't the worst and probably better than risking a repeat of finding out how bad Harris is again.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is bringing in Neser in the place of Boland going to be better bowling wise than Haze returning?

Neser's averaged 25 in Div 22 CC. Robinson averaged 14-odd and hasn't exactly set the series alight. For comparison McAndrew has actually done slightly better.

The main advantage is that I think Neser is a canner bowler than Boland and he swings it (though so can Hazlewood). On the minus side he is a yard slower.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is bringing in Neser in the place of Boland going to be better bowling wise than Haze returning?

Neser's averaged 25 in Div 22 CC. Robinson averaged 14-odd and hasn't exactly set the series alight. For comparison McAndrew has actually done slightly better.

The main advantage is that I think Neser is a canner bowler than Boland and he swings it (though so can Hazlewood). On the minus side he is a yard slower.
Robinson looks half baked though

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah just to slightly clarify my earlier comments, Neser's batting as part of the reason to pick him over Hazlewood isn't at all unreasonable. It's the suggestions he could be picked in addition to four other bowlers on the basis of his batting I simply can't get behind
haha I understood ya, all good
This is far too friendly. One of you needed to end your disagreement by posting goatse.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Interesting to find out making runs at 7 against a weak county attack apparently fully qualifies someone to be a Test opener, learn something new everyday I suppose

Seriously though, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Neser in the team for the 4th test, but let's not be ridiculous here, if he does play it absolutely is as a bowler first and foremost. His ability with the willow is definitely a good bonus to have but it isn't adequate reason to pick him in of itself
Well I wasn't being serious.

The part where I talked about Leicestershire attack being the operative part, no real point dropping him in anywhere in the side based off performance against them. Unless your that concerned about the tail batting rather than it's bowling

Why would I want you to replace Warner anyway? I mean Harris is even worse so I guess maybe I would.

But Warner getting little runs is a small win, so hopefully he continues to fail and then dropped and retires after losing the Ashes.

Weather will probably ruin OT however.

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
can maxwell play instead of Murph?

All-rounder Glenn Maxwell also enjoyed a strong county performance after four years away, lashing 81 in 67 balls on his Warwickshire debut in a massive win over Kent.

Molehill

International Captain
neser batting on fire. he must play the 4th test.
To put it in context, Swepson scored 69, which bettered his previous FC best by over 30 runs. It's possible that batting wasn't at it's most challenging at that time.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
To put it in context, Swepson scored 69, which bettered his previous FC best by over 30 runs. It's possible that batting wasn't at it's most challenging at that time.
In fairness Neser came in at 5-73 and it became 7-93. Neser said it was very tricky early on but flattened out later. Neser hundred very good, Swepson coming in at 8-221 after it flattened out not bad but should not be compared to Neser conditions

Molehill

International Captain
In fairness Neser came in at 5-73 and it became 7-93. Neser said it was very tricky early on but flattened out later. Neser hundred very good, Swepson coming in at 8-221 after it flattened out not bad but should not be compared to Neser conditions
Fair enough, I'm sure the first 30 runs of Neser's innings were a lot tougher than the following 140. Still don't see how this gets him into the team as a seamer though, will need to bowl well today (interesting that he didn't even get given the new ball yesterday).

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Fair enough, I'm sure the first 30 runs of Neser's innings were a lot tougher than the following 140. Still don't see how this gets him into the team as a seamer though, will need to bowl well today (interesting that he didn't even get given the new ball yesterday).
Maybe because he just batted most of the day and scored 176*. Can the guy have a break between efforts?

social

Yeah, I saw some highlights & it was basically club standard

Neser has really improved his batting and while 170 odd is nothing to sneeze at, he’s not getting picked for it unless it’s to shore up the tail as I can’t see him averaging much above 20 in tests

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, I saw some highlights & it was basically club standard

Neser has really improved his batting and while 170 odd is nothing to sneeze at, he’s not getting picked for it unless it’s to shore up the tail as I can’t see him averaging much above 20 in tests
So averaging 81 in County cricket this season = 20 in test cricket, good to know England domestic cricket is so crap 😀

social

Lol at you saw the highlights and only club cricket standard. It basically shows Neser's every good shot and/or bad ball so of course it looks bad for Leics. But they had Glamorgan 7-93 outside these highlights missing every good ball
There’s longer highlights & one of the opening bowlers is in the 60s

Interesting stat from this year’s CC is that only 6% of deliveries are above 82mph which is the lowest by far in years

Now keep in mind that Nes is playing Div 2

Molehill

International Captain
Lol at you "saw some highlights & it was basically club standard". Your highlights basically show Neser's every good shot and/or bad ball so of course it looks bad for Leics. But they had Glamorgan 7-93 outside these highlights missing every good ball
It does show that he used the edge of his bat well in the first part of his innings. But surely it's all about how he bowls today as to whether he's got a sniff. As an England supporter, would far rather he played than Hazelwood. We've seen off Boland, don't think Neser would really be much different.