• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off-season 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW announced their contracts. Sam's has gone T20 merchant, green gets a full time contract, McDonald and some other lad get contracts for their form at the lower levels.

One thing I found funny was the mention of form at lower levels when:
Macdonald: 513 runs @46.64

Daniel Solway (Sydney Grade Cricket player of the season 22/23): 653 runs @65.30

I genuinely think Solway must have shaged one of the selectors dad's, or maybe multiple.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NSW announced their contracts. Sam's has gone T20 merchant, green gets a full time contract, McDonald and some other lad get contracts for their form at the lower levels.

One thing I found funny was the mention of form at lower levels when:
Macdonald: 513 runs @46.64

Daniel Solway (Sydney Grade Cricket player of the season 22/23): 653 runs @65.30

I genuinely think Solway must have shaged one of the selectors dad's, or maybe multiple.
Spikey was wrong, as usual.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh, Siddle gets a two year contract. Don't think he deserves one, especially mutiple years. Certainly doesn't deserve to be in the first team, or ahead of anyone except O'Donnell and Crone really.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone got any more info on this Doug Warren character?

Holland pretty much got the arse in favour of him it looks, from the outside looking in that seems harsh, even with Murphy now being the primary spinner for the Vics I still would have thought Holland was worth keeping on for depth

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holland was pretty good in the final iirc

I can understand Siddle on the coaching staff but a 2 year contract seems a bit Copeland like

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, finally the end of the line for David Moody. I can kinda sorta see why they liked him in his younger days (tall, decently quick, simple action) but the fact that he was around the FC scene for 6-7 years and his control is really no better now than it was day one is pretty damning

Gannon still being there is nauseating though

EDIT: beaten

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nsw did him wrong by not using him as an opener instead of Larkin, but now most of the teams are pretty set with their openers (for better or worse) so a 28yo with a strike rate under 40 probably isn't an appealing option to a lot of teams. he doesn't project as an international player and he's not gonna help you rack up the first innings bonus points as a middle order option or be a 5th bowling option. it's just not surprising no-one is giving him a go

it wasn't commented in tassie's contracts, but a couple of months ago there was an article that suggested that NSW were trying to sign Nathan Ellis which is just such an incredible example of NSW's weird "bringing them home" motif

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if it was mixed with also trying to poach other players regardless of their U19 rep team it'd be ok, but I'm pretty sure Nevill is the last interstate player with no connection to NSW/ACT pathways that we've signed...?