• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off-season 2023

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
if it was mixed with also trying to poach other players regardless of their U19 rep team it'd be ok, but I'm pretty sure Nevill is the last interstate player with no connection to NSW/ACT pathways that we've signed...?
We'd win state of origin. Signing players from other states is for pussies. Bring them home.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also, definitely stop picking players based on U19 performances. I want to see 800-run seasons in first grade before batsmen are considered.

Basically just do the opposite of what Spikey says, unless he's talking about the fascination with picking a #9 at #7 to give us a sixth bowler.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well both options aren't good. It's not good that NSW seems to outright refuse the 3rd option of possibly recruiting players from interstate when it's clear that both the U19 players and grade pathways are not delivering results for NSW. It's one thing to preference the NSW-born player over the QLD-born player in a recruiting debate but NSW pretty clearly does not even consider non-NSW pathway players. and then we sign Jackson Bird and try to sign to Nathan Ellis.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well both options aren't good. It's not good that NSW seems to outright refuse the 3rd option of possibly recruiting players from interstate when it's clear that both the U19 players and grade pathways are not delivering results for NSW. It's one thing to preference the NSW-born player over the QLD-born player in a recruiting debate but NSW pretty clearly does not even consider non-NSW pathway players. and then we sign Jackson Bird and try to sign to Nathan Ellis.
That's based though. We should do it for our batsmen as well.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly can't see any way Tasmania can put together a decent attack with what they have left, utterly bizarre to me they let both Bird and Siddle go and didn't try to sign any other quick in replacement

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I honestly can't see any way Tasmania can put together a decent attack with what they have left, utterly bizarre to me they let both Bird and Siddle go and didn't try to sign any other quick in replacement
Anyone* can average sub-30 bowling seam up at Bellerive tbf. They'll just roll out Rogers and Bell again and skittle visiting teams for 170.

*except Merdith

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone* can average sub-30 bowling seam up at Bellerive tbf. They'll just roll out Rogers and Bell again and skittle visiting teams for 170.

*except Merdith
Bell didn't play at all last year, no idea whatsoever what's going on with him there, seems odd for sure.

Rogers would make things look a bit stronger, he isn't even contracted though. No reason why they can't pick him anyway though I suppose

Should have given a certain former Tea Tree Gully tearaway a call imo. Went down there of his own accord last season

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bell didn't play at all last year, no idea whatsoever what's going on with him there, seems odd for sure.

Rogers would make things look a bit stronger, he isn't even contracted though. No reason why they can't pick him anyway though I suppose

Should have given a certain former Tea Tree Gully tearaway a call imo. Went down there of his own accord last season
My mother grew up in Tea Tree Gully.

She's got nothing on Boycott's grandma with a stick of rhubarb though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

How about a James Faulkner revival

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
My mother grew up in Tea Tree Gully.

She's got nothing on Boycott's grandma with a stick of rhubarb though.
Nice bit of the world. From memory Pertaringa Oval is technically in Banksia Park as opposed to TTG proper, but that's splitting hairs a bit. Really good place to watch cricket

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Something insanely stupid and funny about a 8 team league allowing 5 to qualify and a 10 team league allowing 4. :laugh:

I am not sure 10 games per team is the best idea, I would rather have more games every day but still do a proper home and away league of 8 teams. 56 league games plus 4 play offs in about 40 days should not be that difficult to schedule?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The CEO of the WACA thinks that Langer's sacking was a significant factor in the poor attendance of the Perth test last year. Now there's plenty of parochial ****ers in WA, but I'd suggest that the **** opposition and midweek start are the only two factors you need.