• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in New Zealand 2022/23

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Late Declaration by Aus A ruin their chances of winning & Square the series 1/1.

Aus A 's bowlers not have enough overs left to take 10 wkts on Today.

ataraxia

International Coach
Swepson causing real problems around wicket with the rough. As is dibbling Renshaw, but I'm not quite sure how.

G. S. Kohli

NZ A lost 3 wkts including Bruce but under 19 > 2014 world cup captain Robert O'Donnell hold nz innings together with Cooper

O'Donnel also hits 80 odd vs touring india for NZ Xl

NZ A still need 200 more
174/3*

Cooper on 61*
R. O'Donnel on 44*

Swepson
18/2/85/3*

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the Aussies felt like they owed that new kid Abbas nothing and were quite keen to board a plane for Australia at the earliest opportunity.

It was a Kiwi regular posters on CricketWeb thing to do.

Immenso

Gather 30 players from 2 countries, plus staff, plus all their gear. Fly them to Chch.

Call last game off early, coz tired. Coz no point, gonna be a draw.

That's a very NZC thing to do, total lack of f*&s.

But, in this instance, judging by Renshaw's bowling load, I'd suspect it was the Aussies instigating for it.
Surely, allow a sub, keep FC status, and get on with it for another 2 hours. Thats really why you're all there. Not for results (it will be a draw) but to test and measure each other's prospects against a higher calibre of cricket than usual (e.g. not Renshaw bowling dibblies, neither Bruce and O'Donnell rolling their arm over, for the record).

FFS.

At least, I am encouraged that Aussies seem just as chilled and lazy as NZ's cricketers and staff.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gather 30 players from 2 countries, plus staff, plus all their gear. Fly them to Chch.

Call last game off early, coz tired. Coz no point, gonna be a draw.

That's a very NZC thing to do, total lack of f*&s.

But, in this instance, judging by Renshaw's bowling load, I'd suspect it was the Aussies instigating for it.
Surely, allow a sub, keep FC status, and get on with it for another 2 hours. Thats really why you're all there. Not for results (it will be a draw) but to test and measure each other's prospects against a higher calibre of cricket than usual (e.g. not Renshaw bowling dibblies, neither Bruce and O'Donnell rolling their arm over, for the record).

FFS.

At least, I am encouraged that Aussies seem just as chilled and lazy as NZ's cricketers and staff.
From Australia's point of view this seemed very much about trying out some batsmen rather than having a serious look at any bowlers.

ataraxia

International Coach
I suspect this was Australia saying "hey, we've got 3 bowlers, are messing around a bit, and want to go home" and NZC bowing to the pressure. It's just preposterous imo how these A games have been treated, especially when by rights it should be the highest quality cricket around the world now the IPL's underway.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
This is 2023 guys. We can’t have winners and losers. Both teams participated which is all that matters

Immenso

This is 2023 guys. We can’t have winners and losers. Both teams participated which is all that matters
My point isn't about winning or losing. My point is actually all about participation - that they didn't participate for the required length of time, using the required/desired quality of resources available.

Batsmen still left in the hutch padded up. Bowlers rotated out for 2nd match but then the rules were not 'bent' when in-game bowlers began to drop.

The exercise isn't a total waste of money, but they just gave up on playing 1/12th of a match that the boards had paid a lot of money to gather them there for.

G. S. Kohli

Why'd they call it a draw? A result was still very possible,
Day 4: Tea Break - New Zealand A need 200 runs

Not possible because 200 runs too many unless

( ind/eng test in eng indian opener hits 190 after tea, in eng in single day both team scored 590 a day still world record in 2 or 3 day test on "those days, after 1st day, 2nd day rest day)

Back to the point
No way you can take 7 wkts after tea.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Back to the point
No way you can take 7 wkts after tea.

It does seem like an odd choice to stop the game, result on the board or no. Possibly the weather the last couple of days was too much, super windy.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect this was Australia saying "hey, we've got 3 bowlers, are messing around a bit, and want to go home" and NZC bowing to the pressure. It's just preposterous imo how these A games have been treated, especially when by rights it should be the highest quality cricket around the world now the IPL's underway.
They weren't proper A games anyway. There were players in there that barely, possibly don't, even make their full-strength domestic sides