• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in New Zealand 2022/23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ward looks all set for one level High so whom you think sits out from Aus's team in england on Ashes?
If we pick the same squad for WTC final and ashes and take an 18 man squad

1.Usman
2.Warner
3.Marnus
4.Smith
5.Head
6.Green
7.Carey
8.Starc
9.Cummins
10.Lyon
11.Sco Bo

12.Renshaw
13.Handscomb
14.Harris/Bancroft
15.Inglis/Pierson
16.Neser
17.Murphy
18.Morris

Assuming hazlewood is injured.

No backup keeper playing county so I assume wey'll take one of pierson and inglis and have handscomb in the squad as batting cover/keeper if **** seriously hits the fan and both main options are out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would like Sabba in the squad either with or over Morris tbh. Raw pace seems less of a factor in England on the slower decks and Abbott’s done well with the Duke ball in the past. I think they’ll want to carry more than just the two back up quicks, but I suppose there’s plenty of options for bloke sto play County over ther

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would like Sabba in the squad either with or over Morris tbh. Raw pace seems less of a factor in England on the slower decks and Abbott’s done well with the Duke ball in the past. I think they’ll want to carry more than just the two back up quicks, but I suppose there’s plenty of options for bloke sto play County over ther
Your probably right re/the quicks. Maybe murphy or one of the backup bats miss out and abbott sneaks his way in.

Burgey

Maybe yeah.

not sure why they limit the size of squads in this day and age, especially for an England tour where there’s a stack of playing options for the shadow players. I know you can’t take 30 or whatever, but you’d want your next 4 or so quicks in line to be playing over the northern summer you’d reckon.

Am more worried Handscomb and/ or Harris will make it. Just not up to it

Bat-and-ball

Cricket Spectator
Ward has been impressive this series and it'll be exciting to see how he progresses in the future. As for the Australian squad for the Ashes, it seems there are plenty of options to choose from, but the selectors will have some tough decisions to make.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe yeah.

not sure why they limit the size of squads in this day and age, especially for an England tour where there’s a stack of playing options for the shadow players. I know you can’t take 30 or whatever, but you’d want your next 4 or so quicks in line to be playing over the northern summer you’d reckon.

I think the reason they don't take bigger squads is precisely because you're expected to stay with the squad when you're in it. It's easier to just give someone like Sabba a call and say you'll help organise some county or high level league cricket for him if he commits to the time, knowing he could be called up from that if there are injuries. That makes more sense than picking him in the actual squad and bussing him around the UK to make sandwiches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Renshaw making another ton is good news for the AMHA (anti Marcus Harris alliance). I've been really spooked by the latter getting a central contract; it really doesn't bode well at all.

morgieb

I really didn't like how Renshaw played in his brief comeback but it probably didn't help he was batting middle order (even if he does so in domestic limited overs cricket and was doing so for a while at Shield level). And as an opener he at least has had periods of looking Test class which kind of hasn't happened for Harris and Bancroft. As things stand I'd probably give him another chance even if I'm not super optimistic of him taking it.

Whiteman I'm not convinced about at all. If only Ward can work out how to turn a 50 into a century.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I really didn't like how Renshaw played in his brief comeback but it probably didn't help he was batting middle order (even if he does so in domestic limited overs cricket and was doing so for a while at Shield level). And as an opener he at least has had periods of looking Test class which kind of hasn't happened for Harris and Bancroft. As things stand I'd probably give him another chance even if I'm not super optimistic of him taking it.

Whiteman I'm not convinced about at all. If only Ward can work out how to turn a 50 into a century.
Renshaw looked absolutely hopeless in India but again...anything better than Harris. So rattling that he was given a contract

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe yeah.

I don't mind handscomb if he continues his current county run. He's not great but i'de back him to average 30-35 and that's fine for a backup middle order bat.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Renshaw has made a bucketload of runs @60 or something like that against the dukes in england/this NZ A series in the past 2 years exclusively opening. I'de much rather him than warner, bancroft and harris.

ataraxia

International Coach
Australia A's 4th bowler Renshaw with a bowling seam-up at terrific speed in the 15th over, dobbling it down for a challenging maiden. Probably slightly quicker than noted all-rounder RR O'Donnell, as it happens.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't even realise Renshaw could bowl some cheeky meds. Thought he only bowled decent part time spin.