• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Been a great series to follow the scorecards, wi more than held their own in both tests. Just missing the world class consistent batsman they have done since chanderpaul.
Temba been the only difference in this test so far so congratulations
The last 4 tests between the sides have basically seen one one batsmen make the difference. De Kock in the Caribbean and Markram and Temba here. Otherwise the sides are pretty well matched.

We need to find batsmen quick and playing this lot over and over again won't work.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair innings from Temba, especially given his only other ton at Test level was 7 years ago on a road to end all roads and South Africa were in a fair bit of trouble early on.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great effort from Bavuma. Hope he can push on and get many more 100s from here.

Nonetheless there are still some encouraging signs for the Windies.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Great effort from Bavuma. Hope he can push on and get many more 100s from here.

Nonetheless there are still some encouraging signs for the Windies.
Tbh the only positive on this tour so far to me has been Alzarri, who looks like a test class enforcer now finally. Perhaps Roach finally putting in a decent away performance in the 1st test counts?

Otherwise the batting still looks crap apart from the odd excellent individual innings and we are seeing the same old names stink up the place without any consequences (Chase batting at number 5 after averaging less than 20 for 3 friggin years).

This might sound ridiculous, but this South Africa team felt there for the taking tbh, their batting is almost as bad as ours even if their bowling is superb.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Will stay up to see if Temba can get the double. Watched some of the post-tea play today and wicket looked flat but the partnership between the captain and Mulder may have broken the Windies. It was only Joseph with some fire that looked a threat.

Bijed

International Regular
Unnecessary dismissal, but he's probably won them the game (with some good support tbf) from a position where they might have lost. Great knock

Edit: My internet is going slow and I thought Bavuma had only just got out, instead I end up posting when Maharaj gets out - I'm not saying the latter's 10(24) was matchwinning!

ashley bach

International Captain
Tag experiencing the hardship of what test cricket can produce, having had such a promising start. He's a goody though and he'll be back.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Usual tease before the inevitable by the Windies against half-decent opposition.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Worrying thing for the Windies is Chase is still only 30. He will probably comeback another 2-3 times like Devon Smith.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
When Bavuma holed out at the start of the day, I figured he wanted to make sure that he wanted time to finish the match today and not have to come back for Day 5. Looks like he may as well have stuck around to reach 250 and still had plenty of time to finish off the Windies today.