• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yes, much respect for Scott Boland. Maybe OZ needs 4 bowlers like him changing ends. Just wear India down and then bring on the spinners
I think if your strength is fast bowling you're better off sticking to it , I'd actually consider dropping Lyon for Mitchell Starc ..will create more rough for Murphy and I'd include Head but to open the batting in place of Warner and give Head license to have a Crack..If Green is fit then he should come in for Renshaw , I don't think conventional wisdom is gonna get Australia back in this series they are going to have to think outside the box ..So 4 quicks plus Murphy ..And then part timers Head , Smith and Labuschagne .

ashley bach

International Captain
Time for Australia to be more ruthless with their selections. No one in particular is to blame of course, but David Warner is the best example.
There's no point picking players that you know are doomed to fail, that's just soft as marshmallows.

Shri

Mr. Glass
india did not strengthen their batting after 36 all out. they strengthened their bowling. murphy and lyon bowled too much. they need another bowler to keep themselves fresher and bowl better. batting will fall into place when they do not feel hopeless and are facing smaller totals

Spark

Global Moderator
india did not strengthen their batting after 36 all out. they strengthened their bowling. murphy and lyon bowled too much. they need another bowler to keep themselves fresher and bowl better. batting will fall into place when they do not feel hopeless and are facing smaller totals
Yep. India were 5/168. That it blew out is in no small part that 4 bowlers just isn't enough.

Shri

Mr. Glass
can australia fly maxwell in if they have an "injury"?

Khawaja
Green
Labuschagne
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
Agar
Cummins
Murphy
Lyon
Boland

Shady Slim

International Coach
can australia fly maxwell in if they have an "injury"?

Khawaja
Green
Labuschagne
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
Agar
Cummins
Murphy
Lyon
Boland
green in for agar and head opening and you've got pretty close to the xi i suggested back in jan tbh