• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is closer in terms of cricketer status, Lara & Tendulkar or Warne & Murali?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've actually changed my mind on Warne v Murali a few times but I've always thought Tendulkar > Lara. Spinner content is closer IMO.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Have always thought that Warne was most "overrated" of the 4some for a number of different reasons. Obviously still an all time great, but see some daylight between him and Murali, imo.

For mine, it goes Lara > Murali > Tendulkar > Warne , in terms of mastery of their individual batting and bowling crafts, respectively. However, in a given match or series, I'd definitely give the potential for greater impact to the two bowlers, for obvious reasons.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
For mine, it goes Lara > Murali > Tendulkar > Warne , in terms of mastery of their individual batting and bowling crafts, respectively.
This makes zero sense to me. Considering leg spin is the hardest craft to master by a significant margin.

shortpitched713

International Captain
But in all honesty, I was speaking generally about how good they are at bowling vs batting, and later contrasting that with the relative impact of bowling vs batting. I could give a piss about how hard it is, as it's the end result they end up being judged by at the highest level, and there's no runs, wickets, or any kind of points for effort.

Last edited: