• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Carey is steadily turning into a decent test keeper-batsman. His glove work has been pretty clean most of the summer, a lot better than last year. Big tests coming up in India and England with the gloves but he's making the most of it so far.
Yeah has to be the biggest test for him doesn't it. Always been a bit suspicious up to the stumps

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah has to be the biggest test for him doesn't it. Always been a bit suspicious up to the stumps
He was excellent up to the stumps in the winter tbf, it's specifically dealing with the left arm over the wicket angle that seems to bother him when he has to move to his right; I think all his drops/misses have been outside edges off Starc

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Green seriously does need to work on his back foot game. I'm more bullish on his batting than many but that's a glaring flaw

Even with the extra bounce, if he actually presses back and stands up tall then he's able to play these with a straight bat with ease rather than poking at it from a neutral position
He needs to learn to rotate the strike. The drop-and-go is arguably the most under rated skill in cricket. Early Watson was the same sort of player - just couldn't rotate the strike enough and let guys bowl a lot of balls to him. It just builds needless pressure.

Spark

Global Moderator
He needs to learn to rotate the strike. The drop-and-go is arguably the most under rated skill in cricket. Early Watson was the same sort of player - just couldn't rotate the strike enough and let guys bowl a lot of balls to him. It just builds needless pressure.
Yeah the back foot game will help with that too. It's these back of the length balls cramping him up that Steve Smith, for one, would milk all day around the corner. But he just doesn't get into the right position to play that ball with any control

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
He was excellent up to the stumps in the winter tbf, it's specifically dealing with the left arm over the wicket angle that seems to bother him when he has to move to his right; I think all his drops/misses have been outside edges off Starc
Yeah thats fair. He was excellent then

Daemon

That was an over of throwdowns from Ngidi
We make fun of his thiccness but I wonder if fitness is holding him back. Just seems like he struggles big time with rythm and starts sending them down at mid 120s too often.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's been terrible this series so far. Really offered very little
I thought he was okay without being especially threatening before tea yesterday, but since then and that over in particular was trash. "Here, go practice your cover drive. Okay, now practice your pull shot."

Gob

International Coach
We make fun of his thiccness but I wonder if fitness is holding him back. Just seems like he struggles big time with rythm and starts sending them down at mid 120s too often.
Bulking up and being thick apparently not helpful to generate pace

So I'm told

halba

International 12th Man
Green ruled out, so likely debut for Hardie at no6. Lance Morris likely debut as well just to give him a go, closest option to Mitch starc , so two debutants for scg.

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
He's been terrible this series so far. Really offered very little
Ngidi looks overweight slightly. Bit of both chub and muscle, not muscle alone. I was wondering last week about it, and how effective he would be given that. This test has answered my question. Going for 5 rpo in a test match, yikes. He isn't that fast, only barely low 130kph, which won't cut it on batters decks.

Gob

International Coach
Green not trying to slog everything is the only think that doesn't make more sense than him actually batting facing Nortje

halba

International 12th Man
Prepare for a **** ton of overs from dibbly dobblers- head, smith and Labuschagne (atleast 40 total all these- mostly head), and endless Nathan Lyon bowling from the other end(40+ overs) Australia have only two fit pacers on a dead track

Daemon

Listen to these commentators "Good on Green, he's got a broken finger but happy to go out and help the team."

FMD it's not the Somme. TOTAB made 196 at Lord's in 85 with a broken ****ing thumb. Get on with it and your ****ing job
**** man how are you so alpha and cool

Burgey

**** man how are you so alpha and cool
It's not alpha and cool, it's just doing the job you're paid to do ffs. Carrying on like he's risking death by batting with a damaged finger is woeful commentary. It's sort of what's expected isn't it?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Listen to these commentators "Good on Green, he's got a broken finger but happy to go out and help the team."

FMD it's not the Somme. TOTAB made 196 at Lord's in 85 with a broken ****ing thumb. Get on with it and your ****ing job
Wayne 'Buck' Shelford lost 3 teeth and had his scrotum ripped open in an All Black rugby test vs France and kept playing.