• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The loss of those bowlers isn't so much of an issue. They've had a bad test this time around, but any combination of three of Rabada/Jansen/Nortje/Ngidi is comparable to Steyn/Philander/Morkel. The problem is that they're making the team a batsman short by playing all four of them and expecting them not only to knock over the opposition cheaply but also eke out enough runs in the hopes of positing a competitive score since South Africa are trying out their new innovative strategy of not picking their best batsmen.
I honestly think you could pick a 6/7 man batting line-up from guys playing domestic cricket in SA/ warming the bench in this series who would outperform the current lot.

Dendarii

International Debutant
The loss of the batting is huge. Probably the best batting line-up ever- the past saf Teams, even better than peak Australian team . Only weakness was lacking the spinner, now their spinner is really bad. The bowling attack is unplayable on their home pitches.
He may have a poor record in Australia, but Maharaj is better than any of the spinners that played during South Africa's peak.

halba

International 12th Man
The thing about halba is he goes really hard for a few weeks at a time then gives everyone a year break so when he comes back they forget how superhumanly bad all his takes are

I would do the same but I don't have the restraint
Note I am a bigger tennis fan hence did not follow cricket some years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His bowling today was some of the most compelling I’ve seen by a tourist in years. **** he worked hard, barely dropped pace at all on a stinking hot day and was always a threat. Respect

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This new heat team sucks. They look half competent on paper then are just beyond dreadful in actual games. I Miss the old heat, boof's twitter account would get hacked by pro israeli terrorist's mid game heat, the failing to chase 140 after being 80/0 in the pp heat, the signing ab de villiers only for him to rock up out of shape and do **** all brisbane heat. I would watch games just too see how they would manage to lose their next game, and they very rarely let me down.

Jay London

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He may have a poor record in Australia, but Maharaj is better than any of the spinners that played during South Africa's peak.
Maharaj was brilliant with both bat and ball for Yorkshire. Must be tough being a kiwi spinner -limited spaces for tests and no route to IPL riches.

I wonder if others have considered a white ball plus county cricket career?

Victor Ian

International Coach
That was a great innings by Warner, but a pity he couldn't push through to continue. A Victorian would not have retired until he had vomited a few times and gone to hospital for a drip.