• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They obviously didn't cheat.

The rule was an afterthought. They never thought it would happen. That is the issue. It's also extremely counter-intuitive to me.

The fact that it got found out in such a spectacularly big game, and in such a way that will haunt most Kiwi fans forever, is just really sad.

And the fact is Eng fans will use that game as a reason why they're the undisputable best team. I mean am I allowed to find that a bit rich?

In every form of cricket good bowling is more important than good batting. That's just what I think. If that makes me unreasonable then so be it.
Yes you are. I mean even if NZ won by 40 runs they pretty clearly weren't the best team in the world at the time either.

If you win you get to celebrate as champions. Champions and 'world's best team' are different concepts though. I think the former is ultimately worth much more than the latter, but CW only really has a say on the latter.

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
England didn't win the final. They did win the tournament though, after beating every other contender quite comfortably.

It doesn't really matter for this argument though. If England had won every single game ever played this clown would still be posting his complaints about Mark Wood's bowling average instead. Complete nincompoop.
That is miss complete nincompoop to you.
Btw can you read?
Do you know basic history? Pretty sure they didn't beat Pakistan who was yes a strong bowling team.

I mentioned every bowler to illustrate England were an average bowling team.
Just because you've never been on the **** CricViz blog doesn't mean the work of analysts is useless.
I'll wait and see how much you get paid for your deep theories into cricket, feel free to let me know anytime.
Their models show that Bat-Deep teams lose more than average against Bowling Teams and a lot more than average against teams strong in both disciplines.

England are a fantastic white ball team I just don't believe they're cut and dry the best. The hyperbole, status quo thinking and lack of nuance of people like you really is quite boring. Have a good one.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
That is miss complete nincompoop to you.
Btw can you read?
Do you know basic history? Pretty sure they didn't beat Pakistan who was yes a strong bowling team.

I mentioned every bowler to illustrate England were an average bowling team.
Just because you've never been on the **** CricViz blog doesn't mean the work of analysts is useless.
I'll wait and see how much you get paid for your deep theories into cricket, feel free to let me know anytime.
Their models show that Bat-Deep teams lose more than average against Bowling Teams and a lot more than average against teams strong in both disciplines.

England are a fantastic white ball team I just don't believe they're cut and dry the best. The hyperbole, status quo thinking and lack of nuance of people like you really is quite boring. Have a good one.
Mate you are absolutely behaving like a ****wit. I will guarantee that bloke you're talking too has forgotten more about cricket than you will ever know. Pull your ****ing head in.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will guarantee that bloke you're talking too has forgotten more about cricket than you will ever know.
Considering he once claimed straightforward observations about rain in England were 'gibberish', I'd have to seriously question that.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
So cricviz concluded that teams who are stronger in batting and bowling win more matches? I don’t know what to say. Everything I’ve ever believed about cricket has gone up in smoke.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Read the ****ing thread you posted.
I obviously didn’t communicate it well enough, but my only problem was with with people claiming they knew better than the organisers and that they could easily have predicted that scheduling the tournament at a normal time and place for cricket was about to be a disaster.

I didn’t think it would require so much defending or explaining, since I was arguing with an objectively dumb take, but here we are, so I was wrong about that.

It was just as dumb when people did it again in the World T20 in October, so I guess people just live to crap on scheduling for some reason.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've just gotta say that "it never rains in England in June" is a truly glorious CW meme that should hopefully never die, and that its existence has far outgrown making fun of Howe's thread (which tbh was actually perfectly reasonable).

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Probably doesn't belong in this thread but Joffra Archer has been named in our ODI squad for the Series in SA.

The start of a long comeback road. Hopefully he stays fully fit but can he be the bowler that he was and will he ever be able to stand the physical demands of test cricket?

There's nothing more exciting than a fast bowler in full flight. There's precious few of them around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably doesn't belong in this thread but Joffra Archer has been named in our ODI squad for the Series in SA.

The start of a long comeback road. Hopefully he stays fully fit but can he be the bowler that he was and will he ever be able to stand the physical demands of test cricket?

There's nothing more exciting than a fast bowler in full flight. There's precious few of them around.
We've got more fast bowlers than ever before these days. Even Sri Lanka's gone and found a couple from somewhere.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
there is deffo plenty of boys bowling wheels now days, but few with the ability to scone batters like archer does. that short ball that follows the right handers is venomous.

still think he's a unicorn mind. high ceiling but post his initial ashes series he was pretty underwhelming.