• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Feels like the subcontinent is the worst possible place to play him, but let’s see.
Absolutely it is. Doesn't get any appreciable sideways movement, and his main tool is bounce at a decent clip. Get him on a green one and yeah, we're in business. But on flat ones, plant the front dog and make merry.

My man the Ship can provide that with better consistency and shape.

Howsie

International Captain
Seriously how in gods name has Henry Nicholls managed to weasel his way back into the ODI team? Mark Chapman can’t get a decent run (named in only the Indian series) but this guy just strolls back in.

I was kind of hoping he’d be close to losing his test spot but that obviously isn’t going to happen. ODI cricket has moved on from guys like him. Stead and the pizza boy obviously haven’t got the memo

jcas0167

International Debutant
Seriously how in gods name has Henry Nicholls managed to weasel his way back into the ODI team? Mark Chapman can’t get a decent run (named in only the Indian series) but this guy just strolls back in.

I was kind of hoping he’d be close to losing his test spot but that obviously isn’t going to happen. ODI cricket has moved on from guys like him. Stead and the pizza boy obviously haven’t got the memo
Chapman has at least picked up a NZC contract now with Guptill being released from his.

Moss

International Vice-Captain

If they wanted that sort of a player in the ODI side, would much prefer Will Young.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see an 18 yr old English spinner has all-but bowled England to victory in the latest test against Pakistan. Weird, I thought you needed to be at least a decade older than that to play test cricket.
But Macewell has earned himself a T20 contract with Worcestershire.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The term Bazball may be annoying, but I think McCullum deserves real appreciation for what he's done for England. On this forum the attitude towards his captaincy 2013-2016 seems to be pretty cynical (at least in proportion to NZ's real improvement in that area). Credit to the guy for having a vision even if things backfire on occasion,

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I see an 18 yr old English spinner has all-but bowled England to victory in the latest test against Pakistan. Weird, I thought you needed to be at least a decade older than that to play test cricket.
He's actually 28. It's just being in Pakistan creates a paradox where your birthdate and actual age you tell people don't match up anymore.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
anyone else see a bit of Andy Caddick in Shipley's action?
Same Canterbury lineage, big tall guys...I think the Ship has a quicker gather and release which might hurry batsmen. Subtle movement, not prodigous but enough. Caddick was world class on his day, hit the deck with pace and shape but he was mentally erratic.