• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lack of posts and interest in this WC

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Was going through previous WC threads and the number of posts reduced massively in this one-

1. 2006- 8K
2. 2010 - 10K
3. 2014 - 6.5 K
4. 2018- 6K
5. 2022- 2.5 K

Kirkut

International Regular
I want Argentina to lose so that their political leadership does not delude it's citizens by focusing away from economical issues.

Kirkut

International Regular
Frankly speaking, wanted either Mexico or Japan to win this world cup. Least bothered now..

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Agree on the before bit but majority view seems to be it’s been an excellent World Cup from a purely football perspective.
It’s been a fairly decent tournament, but with the PL back next weekend I don’t think it’ll be dwelled on too much.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine the NFL sold out to a Middle Eastern theocracy desperate to do a bit of sportswashing and stuck the Superbowl in August.

Sure people would still watch but it wouldn't be the same.
The time of year I came to appreciate tbf. Except for the EFL lower leagues continuing.

I’d be up for more winter World Cups. Hold one in England and let’s see Messi do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke :ph34r:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The next one in USA, Mexico and Canada could mean some not too user friendly kick off times UK time. We might not qualify anyway. :santa:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The next one in USA, Mexico and Canada could mean some not too user friendly kick off times UK time. We might not qualify anyway. :santa:
There were a few very late at night games in USA 94 but overall they weren't too bad.

I guess you trade off games in working hours for work in sleeping hours. I'll worry about it in 3.5 years.