• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only need another 30 or so overs to get a 420 lead at current rate (if we don’t get bowled out ofc)
Mathematically, yes, but another 30 overs of this without losing wickets will be quite something. Where would 30 overs take us? I reckon an hour after tea. I'm guessing that Stokes is planning on setting 350.

Last edited:

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
The way England are playing Test cricket reminds me of a memorable quote:

"There are two teams out there. One is trying to play cricket and the other is not."

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This from the Guardian's commentary:
Root keeping his conventional stance but reverse-sweeping with the nonchalance of someone wiping down the kitchen counter.
Very nicely put; an eloquent example of how test cricket is not what it was.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
This from the Guardian's commentary:
Root keeping his conventional stance but reverse-sweeping with the nonchalance of someone wiping down the kitchen counter.
Very nicely put; an eloquent example of how test cricket is not what it was.
But the bowling is quite ordinary and the pitch... the less said the better!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Apart from Root's weird couple of overs it's been very ODI. Field is spread, five singles an over if ou want them, occasionally a bad one gets swept for four. Pretty normal 3rd innings with a big lead fayre, except how on this wicket the lead isn't really as big as it looks yet.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So do we play Overton or the kid next week in the 2nd test in place of Livingstone?

Brook playing well, need him to double it though.