• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

BazBall21

International Regular
We will have to bowl more overs through the series due to Pakistan’s more attritional batting style. Might help them.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think this light metre situation needs to be worked out. Can't be losing 60-75 overs a test. FFS they called England off for bad light just after stokes smashed a pacer for 18 off an over 10 balls into his innings. If he's seeing the red ball that we'll then conditions aren't dangerous.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
The scheduling is questionable if it’s going to be prematurely dark every day.
It doesn't matter...even if they play 100 overs or even a timeless test on this pitch it's always going to end in a no result.

I'm ready to bet with anyone who thinks this game will end in a result.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Think this light metre situation needs to be worked out. Can't be losing 60-75 overs a test. FFS they called England off for bad light just after stokes smashed a pacer for 18 off an over 10 balls into his innings. If he's seeing the red ball that we'll then conditions aren't dangerous.
Bad light should only be an issue when there is a realistic possibility of a player or umpire being hurt or where its so dark that players can't see the ball properly and it may cause a batsman to get out.

England were bowling spinners today so there was no danger to the batsmen. It didn't seem so dark that fielders or umpires couldn't see the ball.

It also wasn't so dark that the batsmen couldn't see the ball as they were smacking it all over the park.

People pay good money to watch test cricket either at the ground or on TV and TV companies pay vast sums to televise it.

There is nowhere near enough emphasis on keeping the game going when conditions are still playable but aren't perfect.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Bad light should only be an issue when there is a realistic possibility of a player or umpire being hurt or where its so dark that players can't see the ball properly and it may cause a batsman to get out.

England were bowling spinners today so there was no danger to the batsmen. It didn't seem so dark that fielders or umpires couldn't see the ball.

It also wasn't so dark that the batsmen couldn't see the ball as they were smacking it all over the park.

People pay good money to watch test cricket either at the ground or on TV and TV companies pay vast sums to televise it.

There is nowhere near enough emphasis on keeping the game going when conditions are still playable but aren't perfect.
Why aren't they starting the game an hour early?

BazBall21

International Regular
Why aren't they starting the game an hour early?
Yeah. It would probably be unfair on supporters who have planned and booked in advance to shift an hour early mid-Test, but there should have been an agreement with television companies to start an hour early prior to the beginning of the Test. I know we aren’t getting a result but it’s still farcical and unfair how many overs we’re losing to bad light.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty disappointing not to get even one but they're still miles behind so there's plenty of time for stuff to happen in this game. Wouldn't write it off just yet.

BazBall21

International Regular
Sounds a bit soft but I hate how many brutally one-sided games there are in women’s sport at all levels. Tedious to watch and I often feel bad for the hapless losing team. Women’s football in particular though has improved a lot recently which is nice. The cricket can be a tough watch when you’re so accustomed to fast bowling.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Yeah. It would probably be unfair on supporters who have planned and booked in advance to shift an hour early mid-Test, but there should have been an agreement with television companies to start an hour early prior to the beginning of the Test. I know we aren’t getting a result but it’s still farcical and unfair how many overs we’re losing to bad light.
Ah hour lost everyday adds up to losing a full days day.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great day for Pakistan. They bat all through tomorrow and half the next day, England will fold third innings a la Adelaide 2006.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Sounds a bit soft but I hate how many brutally one-sided games there are in women’s sport at all levels. Tedious to watch and I often feel bad for the hapless losing team. Women’s football in particular though has improved a lot recently which is nice. The cricket can be a tough watch when you’re so accustomed to fast bowling.
Women cricket is evolving. It will be at another level in the next 5-6 years.