• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2022

Teuton

International Captain
Everyone is sorted then.
thanks all

Teuton

International Captain
Hey everyone, I would like your thoughts on any changes for next year.

So this year there was an absolute mass of games for teams like Nepal, UAE, Namibia, USA and Oman, which ended up having a much bigger impact on results than the initial draft.

Not that i want to detract from the almost certain victory for CricAddict who has played this game perfectly or even suggest that volume of games shouldn't be the key factor, but i think it was unbalanced this year against how well you draft the best players.

I have no idea if there will be a similar campaign for the associate nations next year either, so it is possible that no changes are necessary.

Other ideas is setting a max of non-Test nation players, or having larger squads with dedicated non-Test slots that score half points.

I also don't want to make it much more complicated - most importantly it should be enjoyable to participate.

So let me know what you think.

cheers

PS I will re-iterate that I don't want to diminish the success of CricAddict this year. Was it easy or difficyult to work out how many games those nations were playing this year? I usually find that many games have little lead time after being entered into the cricinfo schedule, but i probably don't go and check all 20 odi nations either.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I must admit I had difficulty identifying which non-test playing nations were involved in scheduled fixtures and, as a consequence, played it safe and probably missed out on some players who scored well points-wise.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no idea if there will be a similar campaign for the associate nations next year either, so it is possible that no changes are necessary.
The super league concept has been dropped after this year and so, my brahmastra so to speak is gone now :) afaik there will not be a definite schedule for the associates going forward.

Other ideas is setting a max of non-Test nation players, or having larger squads with dedicated non-Test slots that score half points.
Both look good ideas. Fine with either of them.

PS I will re-iterate that I don't want to diminish the success of CricAddict this year. Was it easy or difficyult to work out how many games those nations were playing this year? I usually find that many games have little lead time after being entered into the cricinfo schedule, but i probably don't go and check all 20 odi nations either.
No offense taken mate. imo I played the game fair and square and so, if anything, I am actually feeling prouder about it now that my picks are bringing in a change in rules :) Happy to play by the rules for 2023 once you frame them.

While the game is not over and so not celebrating my success yet, happy with how my analysis and intuition has gone. While the analysis helped on non-test players, I am happy that my intuition on rookies like Green, Hardik, SKY etc. paid off immensely since they were all mostly out of scene when I picked them.

Teuton

International Captain
The super league concept has been dropped after this year and so, my brahmastra so to speak is gone now :) afaik there will not be a definite schedule for the associates going forward.
This probably means that no change will be fine.

While the game is not over and so not celebrating my success yet, happy with how my analysis and intuition has gone. While the analysis helped on non-test players, I am happy that my intuition on rookies like Green, Hardik, SKY etc. paid off immensely since they were all mostly out of scene when I picked them.
Yes, I should point out you had plenty of great picks from the usual teams too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
imo I played the game fair and square and so, if anything, I am actually feeling prouder about it now that my picks are bringing in a change in rules :) Happy to play by the rules for 2023 once you frame them.

Nah, how dare you take the time to study the fixture lists and make appropriate selections based on them. :-O

It's flagrantly unfair to the lazy amongst us. :ph34r:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
@Teuton News just came in that Bumrah is injured and will be out of action for 4-6 months. Since q4 has not started, under this situation, am I allowed to take a replacement for him from the pool?

Teuton

International Captain
No, it's too late since everyone has finished the draft and more information is available now. He will just be 1 of your 3 non-scoring players

Teuton

International Captain
Still a huge gap from 1st to 2nd, then fairly close from 3rd all the way down to 8th

Current scores:
TeamScore
CricAddict15252
BoyBrumby12401
anil140511232
Teuton10781
morgieb10521
Magrat Garlick9962
JOJOXI9347
Line and Length9281
honestbharani8601
ataraxia8284
kingkallis7984

Teuton

International Captain
Not much change on the leaderboard post T20 WC, but it is time to start thinking about 2023.

I will open early sign ups here before starting the new thread when i have time later in the week. The draft will begin in approx 1 week from now. Please let me know if you wish to go around again next year.

TeamScore
CricAddict16235
BoyBrumby13251
anil140511697
Teuton11449
morgieb11081
Magrat Garlick10554
JOJOXI9995
Line and Length9814
ataraxia8943
honestbharani8851
kingkallis8234