• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Gilchrist
Sehwag
Richards
Abbas
Buttler
Maxwell
Symonds
Klusener
Kapil
Garner
Murali

would make 400 every innings. 5 legit bowlers plus Maxwell and Richards
Bairstow (wk)
Roy
Jayasuriya
ABDV
Miller
C Anderson/Russell/Hardik Pandya
Shahid Afridi
Pollock
Hadlee
Wasim
Saqlain

This side is almost as powerful with the bat, but much better with the ball.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Gilchrist
Sehwag
Richards
Abbas
Buttler
Maxwell
Symonds
Klusener
Kapil
Garner
Murali

would make 400 every innings. 5 legit bowlers plus Maxwell and Richards
Sehwag and Gilchrist on top is madness. Wish it happened in one of the IPL teams.

Garner and Murali can be replaced with Akram and Afridi for even more hitting power.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag and Gilchrist on top is madness. Wish it happened in one of the IPL teams.

Garner and Murali can be replaced with Akram and Afridi for even more hitting power.
This is good with hitting power. Problem is trying to do it against an attack with McGrath, Garner, Lee, Murali in it. Gilly, Abbas and Richatds can tone it down a bit and can weather a storm. But Shewag, Buttler, Maxwell, Symonds, Klusener all can be blown away by a good attack. Will make 400 in one in 5 games perhaps when everyone clicks. But there will be a game where they will be shot out for 200 ish score and other three where Gilly, Richards and Abbas have to bat out of their skins to get a respectable score.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Just obviously worse than Murali unless you want to be a hipster about it IMO. Wanna pick two spinners then go for it I guess.
Saqlain is the greatest ODI spinner easily.
Warne's WC points and Murali's longevity points wont be enough to surpass lethal Saqlain.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Still don't get the De Silva love on this forum.
De Silva is as good as any other SC batsman ( except Sachin, Kohli, Dhoni and Abbas)
I like Azhar and Yuvi more, Miandad was great too.. Desilva arguably better than all of them.. Especially considering the team he played.

subshakerz

International Coach
De Silva is as good as any other SC batsman ( except Sachin, Kohli, Dhoni and Abbas)
I like Azhar and Yuvi more, Miandad was great too.. Desilva arguably better than all of them.. Especially considering the team he played.
Not with a 34 batting average. You need to be near 40 for me in terms of output to be considered for the middle order.

subshakerz

International Coach
Saqlain - the best
Murali - longer career
Warne - clearly behind top 2
Nah. I am a huge Saqlain fan but you can't ignore what Murali did over the 2000s. However, Saqlain's record against Australia and India is also hard to ignore as Murali was below par against them.

And Warne to me is always in the conversation.

subshakerz

International Coach
Desilva Avg-SR combo is arguably better than any other SC middle order batsman ( except kohli, Dhoni, Abbas )
Yeah but his output is less. Middle order needs guys who are going to make hundreds with regularity not making cameos. Especially if you are chasing 300 plus scores against a ROW XI.

The century conversion for Yuvi, Azhar, De Silva and Inzi is pretty poor while for Kohli, Babar and Zaheer is very high. Babar already has more hundreds than all of those four while not even playing 100 games.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
test eleven

Gavaskar
Sehwag //monster in Asian conditions, 'str: , avg:, being opener combo ' makes it good enough in SENA + WI too.
Dravid
Sachin
Sangakkara
VVS Laxman //clutch pressure player, uniform record in all nations, great stats for his position
Ravindra Jadeja // lone spinner. great average , though a bit inflated by spin friendly home conditions,
Rishabh Pant (wk) // even his short career exploits with bat enough to easily surpass other big names.
Kapil Dev(c) // all rounder
Wasim Akram
Jasprit Bumrah // though short a career till date, 21.99 avg: in this multi camera era enough to surpass other big names

notable omissions : Imran, Waqar - benefitted hugely from ball tampering
Miandad, Younis, Kohli - slightly misses out because names in the actual eleven has been better
Muralitharan // controversy w.r.t action

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
test eleven

Gavaskar
Sehwag //monster in Asian conditions, 'str: , avg:, being opener combo ' makes it good enough in SENA + WI too.
Dravid
Sachin
Sangakkara
VVS Laxman //clutch pressure player, uniform record in all nations, great stats for his position
Ravindra Jadeja // lone spinner. great average , though a bit inflated by spin friendly home conditions,
Rishabh Pant (wk) // even his short career exploits with bat enough to easily surpass other big names.
Wasim Akram
Jasprit Bumrah // though short a career till date, 21.99 avg: in this multi camera era enough to surpass other big names

Miandad, Younis, Kohli - slightly misses out because names in the actual eleven has been better
Muralitharan // controversy w.r.t action
Wow how gracious of you to include some non-Indians in your XI...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
test eleven

Gavaskar
Dravid
Sachin
Sangakkara
Wasim Akram

Muralitharan // controversy w.r.t actio
Absolutely superb side. I'd just make 2 changes: Kohli for Sanga, and Ashwin/Kumble/Zaheer/Ishant for Wasim.:p

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Non-Indian Asian XI (or Pakistan, SL, & Shakib):

Hanif
Anwar
Sanga
Younis Khan
Miandad
Shakib
Imran
Prasanna
Wasim
Waqar
Murali

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Wow how gracious of you to include some non-Indians in your XI...
Absolutely superb side. I'd just make 2 changes: Kohli for Sanga, and Ashwin/Kumble/Zaheer/Ishant for Wasim.:p
In hindsight it might appear that I have been partial to Indians, but in reality I have been not.
I have given valid reasons for those non Indians whom I excluded namely Imran,Waqar,Miandad,Younis Khan & , Murali . Can you neglect my claims?
Imran & Waqar were the utmost beneficiaries of ball tampering.

Miandad's & Younis Khan's record pales in comparison to those middle order batsmen whom I selected. Only Laxman's average is inferior to their average. But their positions & there by the roles in the team were chalk and cheese different. Laxman was a 6th down batsman whose role in the team was to shield tail enders and to score maximum runs in their company.
He was an expert in that role and also played some crucial match winning innings from that position. Such a difficult position to achieve high bat average .Even more remarkable has been his uniform success across nations despite batting at such lower batting position. What not , he proved that he could play higher up the order too ,if required.

Then Murali remains. Check Jadeja's & Murali's record. Jadeja achieved <25 average with out any controversy w.r.t his action.If he has poor average in 2 countries, so has Murali. And he is a 36+ averaging batsman to go with it.

So all in all where has I gone wrong? If you can dismiss my claims logically, only happy to accept that.

Last edited: