• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England tour of Australia ODIs

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is my first thread posting here so forgive me if I’m doing it wrong. England’s tour of Australia has been quite successful so far. Would have whitewashed Australia in the T20 series if it wasn’t for the rain, won the T20 World Cup and will now face Oz in an ODI series. Will it be much different to the T20 series? Surely a whitewash in England’s favour is the gambler’s choice? England are ranked 1 in ODIs and Australia 5. Maxwell has gone and broke his leg in a drunken escapade, further lowering Aussie chances.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This is my first thread posting here so forgive me if I’m doing it wrong. England’s tour of Australia has been quite successful so far. Would have whitewashed Australia in the T20 series if it wasn’t for the rain, won the T20 World Cup and will now face Oz in an ODI series. Will it be much different to the T20 series? Surely a whitewash in England’s favour is the gambler’s choice? England are ranked 1 in ODIs and Australia 5. Maxwell has gone and broke his leg in a drunken escapade, further lowering Aussie chances.
Last time these two sides played in odi's AUS won 2-1 in eng and England's recent ODI form has been scratchy, especially since YJB is still out I think. Maxwell is a huge loss, but even without him our ODI side is far better than our T20 side and has been since the pandemic. Starc and Cummins are far better ODI bowlers than T20 bowlers, and the weak link of finch is being replaced by a guy who averages 60 in his last 2 years of list-A cricket.

Whistler

Last time these two sides played in odi's AUS won 2-1 in eng and England's recent ODI form has been scratchy, especially since YJB is still out I think. Maxwell is a huge loss, but even without him our ODI side is far better than our T20 side and has been since the pandemic. Starc and Cummins are far better ODI bowlers than T20 bowlers, and the weak link of finch is being replaced by a guy who averages 60 in his last 2 years of list-A cricket.
Hales is arguably a better opener than Bairstow. It was only his indiscretions with recreational drugs that has kept him out for so long. Hales’ record in Australia is much better than YJB’s.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Hales is arguably a better opener than Bairstow. It was only his indiscretions with recreational drugs that has kept him out for so long. Hales’ record in Australia is much better than YJB’s.
Is hales in the ODI squad? Thought he was only being bought back for t20's and salt was going to be the Roy's partner for this series.

Whistler

Is hales in the ODI squad? Thought he was only being bought back for t20's and salt was going to be the Roy's partner for this series.
No, you are right they have omitted Hales. Perhaps they just want to give Oz a chance.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

England:Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Olly Stone, James Vince, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood

Are the squads from what I can tell. Best xi's I would say are
AUS:
1.Head
2.Warner
3.Smith
4.Smith
5.Carey/Green
6.Green/Carey
7.Marsh
8.Agar
9.Starc
10.Cummins
11.Zampa

Agar over haze strengthens the batting slightly and balances the bowling with maxwell gone.

ENG:
1.Roy
2.Salt
3.Vince
4.Billings?
5.Buttler
6.Moeen
7.Curran
8.Woakes
9.Rashid
10.Willey
11.Jordan/Stone/wood

England batting looks shaky, but batdeep will hopefully help cope. Have a sneeking suspision we may see the following XI for AUS on thursday instead though
1.Warner
2.Green
3.Smith
4.Marnus
5.Marsh
6.Carey
7.Head
8.Haze
9.Cummins
10.Starc
11.Zampa

Not what I want, but the selector's seem to like the idea of green opening long term in t20's, wouldn't surprise me if they went full Watson with him and made him open here as well.

DriveClub

International Regular
What do we want?
-a meaningless bilateral LOI series between two sides who play each other all the time!
When do we want it?
-a couple of days after a World Cup final featuring one of those teams!
Tbh i find all Cricket outside of world cups pointless. Thank god they introduced WTC for tests. Hope they bring back triangular series, always found them fun.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
There's far far too much cricket imo. Starting to feel apathetic about the sport for the first time in all honesty . Absolutely ridiculous that this happening days after a WC final

If they're going to schedule this series just after a WC, why don't England just send a Lions team out to play against their Australia A counterparts? Name a separate squad from that of the WC team, have a proper training camp, and warm ups against state opposition etc

It's boring and tedious to see the same faces tbh

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is peak though. Even when JAMODIs were still JAMODIs they were still more meaningful than this.

This is the death rattle of ODI cricket, we should just let it have a dignified end

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can at least use the members tix for this one

Got a pool side cabana hired for the two hours pre game at the new Allianz stadium, weather permitting. See how it goes

Whistler

There's far far too much cricket imo. Starting to feel apathetic about the sport for the first time in all honesty . Absolutely ridiculous that this happening days after a WC final

If they're going to schedule this series just after a WC, why don't England just send a Lions team out to play against their Australia A counterparts? Name a separate squad from that of the WC team, have a proper training camp, and warm ups against state opposition etc

It's boring and tedious to see the same faces tbh
England have basically sent an A team to face the best Australia have to offer. Let’s see how it plays out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good of us to allow the Aussie fans a chance to see some quality white ball cricketers