• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Way to go Zimbabwe! Brilliant , inspirational and a memorable performance.
Sadly, so-called "minnows" still don't get to play against the "big boys" regularly. The joke of an institution called ICC really needs to really put a system in place where associate nations can play against the top 8 nations regularly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly this zimbabwe team are half a chance at qualifying for the Semi's. I think there very capable of knocking off the netherlands and bangladesh. If they can make the india game competitive to keep their NRR decent 7 points is a chance of scraping them through, depending on results.

Socerer 01

International Captain
And how awesome it is to have two teams qualify from a group of six instead of a group of four or four teams qualifying from a group of six.

Way more exciting this.
there was a guy on here who was adamant on wanting quarter finals and top four to qualify to the point of making multiple threads with the same reason. Wonder what he makes of all this

Stefan9

International Debutant
Way to go Zimbabwe! Brilliant , inspirational and a memorable performance.
Sadly, so-called "minnows" still don't get to play against the "big boys" regularly. The joke of an institution called ICC really needs to really put a system in place where associate nations can play against the top 8 nations regularly.
Small test status nations don't even get to play regularly never mind the associates. Ireland, Afghanistan and Zimbabwe have test status in name only.

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Small test status nations don't even get to play regularly never mind the associates. Ireland, Afghanistan and Zimbabwe have test status in name only.
How can any team grow without experience and exposure. These teams will only shine when golden generations come by , no sustainability hence cricket is played by few countries ..The system is designed to keep certain nations at the bottom .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m not going to bag Pakistan because I think there’s a very good chance the Zimbos would roll over Australia too. They’re playing some really good cricket atm.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just saw the highlights. Zim’s celebrations at the end genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful.