• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odd how he didn't make it at somerset, guess he's probably doing better as he doesn't have the grind of County cricket, doubt he'd be bowling 90mph at 29 now.

Xuhaib

International Coach
They qualify even if they finish second though. Finishing first is better but they don't need to.
They would prefer a second finish I guess if given the option. Going First they have to tackle Eng/Aus/NZ if they get the other group they would fancy couple of wins vs Pak/Ind/Saf

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Cooper has been **** for the Netherlands. Really dropped off since he was a South Australia regular looks a completely different player

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just not quite enough quality for Netherlands to chase this score - SL's bowling is impressive, though better teams will hit the seamers off their lengths a bit more and be less confused by the spinners' variations.

Think Ned needed to restrict SL to 140 to have a decent chance.

TheJediBrah

Just realised how unbalanced these 2 groups are

WI/Zim/Scotland/Ireland >>>>> SL/UAE/Namibia/Netherlands

TheJediBrah

Edwards is not the guy to be going at 10+ an over. Just bowl full good line to him and he'll struggle to beat a run a ball

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
VDM could still win this for the Netherlands, obviously he only comes off about 1 in 10 but when he does it's generally match-changing

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Binura looks like the weak link, Ned need 20 odd off this over.

edit: and then he bowls several good slower balls to show I don't know what I'm talking about